Respected Contributor

Eliminate This Show Only pricing?

For those of us that DVR our favorite shows ( fashion for me), I always miss out on the special pricing for the show . Couldn't we have that special price as a Today Only instead? Every few dollars saved helps.

Honored Contributor

Re: Eliminate This Show Only pricing?

@Mustang Shar wrote:

For those of us that DVR our favorite shows ( fashion for me), I always miss out on the special pricing for the show . Couldn't we have that special price as a Today Only instead? Every few dollars saved helps.

Hi @Mustang Shar - I too DVR most of the shows that are of interest to me Don't have the time to watch much 'live'

I'm sure they are doing this to see how effective this limited pricing strategy is to draw shoppers to watch shows and shop specific items within a certain timeframe. It most likely creates more sales bc of the sense of urgency they create by promoting a limited price plus upsell or coordinating items that someone might purchase. 

It definitely locks out you and me and others that do what we do

I wonder about the '30 day price guarantee' and why can't we ask the moderators or CS to process our orders with the lower 'limited' price as long as it's within 30 days? Or if they can't process with the lower price, process with the regular price and issue a credit. Anyone know???

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Am tired of these types of sales tactics along with unannounced free shipping days.

I don't think they should be reairing  the shows with limited sales prices.  It is just a tactic that , if you check elsewhere you may find the item at a lower price  and free shipping.

Respected Contributor

I am a long time QVC shopper and never in my 30 plus years of shopping have I seen this much price juggling with this much frequency.  If I see something with a special price that I want but for whatever reason hold back from buying, then I won't buy it at all.  With QVC it's strike while the iron is hot or forget about it.  There are two tops, for example, from Graver and Mizrahi, that I already own bought in November,and like them so much that I wanted more of the same in different colors.  Each time I look, the cost is a different amount, never as low as the deal I got, but fluctuating by odd amounts, like one day 72.00, then 67.50, then 71.25, then 64.00, then higher again, etc. I don't get the logic.

Honored Contributor

@Mustang Shar 

There is NO need to eliminate it.

Just because you DVR, doesn't mean you have to miss out.

Just Search

One time only special pricing

One show only special pricing

One day only special pricing

All the 'specials' scheduled come up.

I check it out every morning.

Esteemed Contributor

I do the same daily check as @RespectLife; however, there are times when some shows have deals that really do only begin when the show begins (for example, it seems they often do not feature all the one-time deals in searches in advance of ITKWD airing). And you actually only need to type "today only price" or "one time only price" (no quotation marks needed)—that will bring up all the available specials with few to no items that just have the word "day" in their titles.

Valued Contributor

@PhilaLady1  Spot on! 

Regular Contributor

Thank you,  this is very helpful!

Super Contributor

There really are people who go to work!  They completely miss out on this!  

Honored Contributor

@Gkhm wrote:

There really are people who go to work!  They completely miss out on this!  

@Gkhm 

I am at work!    LOLOLOL

As mentioned, no one has to miss out!  Just search as listed above and almost every special pricing is available on line.

I look b4 work in the morning.