Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eliminate This Show Only pricing?

[ Edited ]

Just thought I'd return to this thread to talk about the One Time Only price again: This morning, I did my usual search for that phrase, and two Susan Graver tops were the only items listed. However, as soon as we hit noon ET when ITKWD and a D&C show started, a set of potstickers and a D&C top suddenly got added to the list. We'll see if those prices disappear again when the associated shows end, or if they were simply a kickoff point and the prices might hang around a bit...

UPDATE: I checked again an hour after the shows concluded, and the One Time Only list was down to just the Susan Graver tops again. However, the potstickers sold out during ITKWD, so they wouldn't have been in the list again anyway.

Honored Contributor

Stuff happens. While I can't imagine recording QVC, you have to know that prices might change before you view it. It's life.

Honored Contributor

I got stuck with a top at full price that had been on lunch time specials. They rarely go all the way back up, just the one I wanted.  Then there are the cancelled orders that got shipped. I also play dangerous games with waitlist, ordering two different things that both get shipped on the same day.  It is exasperating shopping here, I'll tell ya'.

Honored Contributor

Respect Life:

Gee, I didn't know that we could look up various (special) priced items.

Thanks for the alert.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

It is what it is and our choice seems to be to take it or leave it but this, along with so many of QVC's other strategies to move the goods, has grown incredibly stale.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Mustang Shar @This is a sales strategy to create a sense of urgency to buyers. It increases sales.

New Contributor

I like to record Leah Williams Style show on Saturday mornings because I live in the Pacific time zone and don't want to get up at 4:00 a.m. Because of this, I miss the "This Show Only" deal.  Twice in the last few weeks I would have bought those items ( Isaac's pima cotton shirts.) Because of this, I canceled the timer to record this show.

Honored Contributor

Common sense tells us that deals in live shows that are watched later may not remain available. Watching a recorded show is like a rerun. It's not a current show, thus not all deals will be available. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree with California. QVC should allow 3-4 extra hours out of respect for them. Personally, I think it should be for the entire day. I have bought an article of clothing and the next morning it is a OTO. My bad luck. But I’m starting to prefer Macy’s where sales go on fur several days or a week. My Macy’s is so well stocked now I love it. Plus returns are credited immediately.