Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@LilacTree  Couldn't find a Font Size, but found a "Text Size" of Large. Default was "medium". Is this better for you to read? If so, I'm trying to make your life easier. My eyes aren't what they used to be either. Hope others will follow suit, as well. 

ETA: Well, that didn't do what I anticipated. Will try later. Off to the Library.

@BirkiLady 

Your font above is still small, but readable.  This one is a 4, which I hope you can see the difference.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Re: Default font size

[ Edited ]

Hi, @LilacTree!   I haven't seen you in a while...  hope you're doing well!🌻    

I've spent my career in IT for hospitals and clinics, and I do agree some of the simple "fixes" for the site would be programming 101.   

However, I don't think it's a case of the web hosting service (QVC's IT doesn't manage the forums) not being able to make the changes...  it's that QVC seems to have opted for a canned, pre-packaged product and they're' not paying for any additional modifications.    As it is, overall site maintenance is marginal, at best, and we're lucky if they take time to investigate and resolve any technical glitches.   

It certainly doesn't hurt to ask, but personally I think the Community is the last thing on their mind for support or customization and, in fact, it might be the next thing on the chopping block (other sites gradually have closed out their chat boards).   I think the fact that the problem accessing our profiles, that goes 'way back to November, has never been resolved is telling...  it shows us this part of the site is non-essential and unimportant.

The display of font sizes (and font type/family) is different depending upon the device and software we use, too, so we don't all see the same thing.

Also, the font family we choose can actually alter the way a size appears on some devices.

The default size on this site isn't specifically 2 or 3, it seems to fall somewhere in between (again, depends on how our device "sees" it).

I'm using my Mac right now.   I usually select size 3 for the body of my post, I didn't change the "Font Family," and the color is navy blue.   Here are some examples of sizes:

Here's font size 1

Here's font size 2

Here's font size 3

Here's font size 4

Here's font size 5

Here's font size 6

Here's font size 7

And...  last and possibly least...

This is the default size, when I make no changes to it.  To my eye, looking with my Mac and the Google Chrome browser, it seems to fall between size 2 and size 3.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

@LilacTree  Couldn't find a Font Size, but found a "Text Size" of Large. Default was "medium". Is this better for you to read? If so, I'm trying to make your life easier. My eyes aren't what they used to be either. Hope others will follow suit, as well. 

@BirkiLady ETA: Well, that didn't do what I anticipated. Will try later. Off to the Library.

@BirkiLady,  That’s so thoughtful of you!🌻   If you decide you want to change the font size of your specific post, just use the toolbar at the top of the dialogue box and use the drop-down menu for “Font Sizes” to choose:

088E0010-D1D2-4EDD-8648-17FFBD28234D.jpeg

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

Hi, my friend!  What I have finally learned in my advanced years is if it is too complicated and, as you said, too unimportant to the provider, I just stop using it. 

I choose my battles carefully these days!

I hope you are doing well, dear friend.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

@dooBdoo 

Hi, my friend!  What I have finally learned in my advanced years is if it is too complicated and, as you said, too unimportant to the provider, I just stop using it. 

I choose my battles carefully these days!

I hope you are doing well, dear friend.

I agree...  although, for sure, I think it's okay to submit suggestions and requests.   Thanks, my friend!   I'm hanging in there, some days far better than others.    Sending good thoughts across the miles to you!❤️ 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

By the way, here's a tip I've been meaning to post since the topic occasionally comes up.   To see the font size of a post:

1 -- Use the "QUOTE" feature to place the post in your reply dialogue box.

2 -- Click/tap "HTML" (located just above the dialogue box toolbar).

3 -- You'll see the formatting information.   If you see "size=" or "font size=" with a number after it, that's the one the poster used for their comment.   There will not be a "size=" or "font size=" notation if the website default size was used.

Example (my sample comment, first, then a screen shot of the way its HTML might look — it’s not a quote, but I think it illustrates the concept):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a sample post, font size 3, text color navy blue, font family comic sans.

BD923E2A-C96D-43CF-8364-1E7E04331550.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

ETA: Well, that didn't do what I anticipated. Will try later. Off to the Library.

@BirkiLady,  To change the font size of your specific post use the toolbar at the top of the dialogue box and use the drop-down menu for “Font Sizes” to choose:

088E0010-D1D2-4EDD-8648-17FFBD28234D.jpeg

Hello and thank you @dooBdoo 

I am using no selected text or font size, sending this. I usually use purple, sometimes I click another color to bring the word brighter. I have borrowed (3) different readers, one is a 2.5 clear glass, the second is a 3.0 clear, and then the third ne is a profession darken computer lens.

I am going to try my purple in each size to understand if you or anyone else has trouble reading [ anyone].

I am understanding that many posters may have prescription glasses. The few I know, do need a #5.

Thank you for reading.     

The above is of no particular font family, or of any particular text print. 

Actually I type in a #3 and can read easily, but after posting is submitted, I can 'not' read my own. NAES

Hello doobdoo= 1 

- Hello dooBdoo= 2 

Hello dooBdoo=3

Hello dooBdoo=4 

Hello dooBdoo=5

Hello dooBdoo=6 

Hello dooBdoo=7

I have set this message leaving as MONO at #3. You may notice that each of the test pattern lines has a reasonable elevation, but the #2 is much smaller(on mine) than the #1....and on & on. This is not in a darker hue, yet the same color purple. What I believe, not being an IT teacher, that many MANY times I might choose the color but not the the text size and each time a completely different >SIZE appears. Sometimes I cannot read my own, but apparently others can.. When this occurs, I try another font family and choose either 4 or 5. The reason I do this is because the reader has trouble reading, asking if I can please enlarge. If no one actually cares

-- ( and I have been told that (my) size is too large /too small for whosoever situation) - mine usually will not affect anyone else, as I have been told. .Wondering now, just how many posters do have glasses which would intensify the  >s i z e<.   As I have heard most posters say::::  I am using what size that is a comfortable larger text size and I'll leave it there. . If no one wants to read, then pass on by.   This was said by others to others.

I made this purposely one... a non separated  block post.

Also, there are posters that always do a post without any separation having different sentences, and always someone comes back and becomes, I suppose, frustrated to take their time to reconstruct.....and the post was not 'even' given to that person.  If too small, I just finger spread the screen and read from there.

Just some FYI. trivia.  I do understand, though. 

NAES.

Also, @LilacTree 

ps: I am not here long enough to read that much, but there are many postings that are just too small and I do not wear glasses.

Consider MACULAR DEGENERATION, GLAUCOMA, STIGMATISM, CATARACTS, or in need of glasses.

I really have no idea.

NAES

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

Hello, friend!

I usually use IPad, and this is font size #3.

Is there anyway to make this ‘stick’ so as not to have to change it EVERY TIME?

Wishing you well.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Still a problem seeing posts?

You might have to adjust your zoom level to a larger size. Maybe 125% or larger.

Posts in size 4 are big enough to make readability more difficult on many devices.

Other than that, hope you're feeling well, @LilacTree . Best wishes.

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@dooBdoo 

Hello, friend!

I usually use IPad, and this is font size #3.

Is there anyway to make this ‘stick’ so as not to have to change it EVERY TIME?

Wishing you well.

Greetings, dear @Drythe!🌻   Unfortunately, I haven’t found a way to set our own preferred font choices.   Would be great if we could.   Thank you for the good wishes...  sending the same to you!❤️