Frequent Contributor

TO KIM @ QVC

Hi Kim! Thank you so much for your reply to the Suggestion Box at QVC! I need not mention about the whole CS Rep issue on this email. The reason why I wrote you is because as of this writing my APPLE WATCH SERIES 2 38mm is now ready for Return. I have scheduled a Pick-up with USPS for tomorrow. Reason for Return: As of this morning, mid-morning to be exact....I noticed my watch Face was on Activity which I have not even pressed. I then started pressing on to the Dial Button to take me back to my Face Watch....BUT it won't. I tried scrolling, pressing the button under it but it won't...IT WAS HANGING. I brought my watch to my husband and showed it to him, he pressed the dial button but it was just hanging on the same Activity Screen. I then waited for like 5 minutes and it came back. At around 9:30 in the evening it happened again....I was trying to check the Home Screen and it won't. Pressing the dial button did not do anything....I immediately called Apple and told them my issue. I have Case Numbers with Apple regarding the issue of the watches I have purchased.

Once again, thank you and I so appreciate your Reply to my Post. I am Returning the Product and expecting that QVC will give me the Full Refund because of its defect.

Frequent Contributor

@KIM QVC.......I tried sending you an email to the email address you wrote,but it won't let me....So, instead I wrote my reply here....Please take time to read...Thank you

Esteemed Contributor

As others have stated I would never buy any Apple product from QVC.  They are overpriced because they give you some accessories that are absolutely not needed and then charge through the roof for them.  As far as the Apple Watch itself it seems to be just a expensive status symbol.

Respected Contributor

I'm with all the others that wonder...Why on earth would you buy electronics from QVC??  Buy it from the Apple store itself. Much much better service at the store if by chance anything goes wrong. And CS employees that actually know what they are talking about when it comes to an Apple item.

Honored Contributor

Q never sells the most recent version of any electronics.  I've checked things out in the past and have never once seen Q offer the most recent version of any computer, tv, tablet, phone, etc.  

I'm not really surprised this happened. It's typical big business to get out of doing the right thing for a customer.   This should never have happened.  It's incredibly lousy of Q to make you go through all this.  

Trusted Contributor

Dear @Pinkstylus,

I'm so sorry you've had this issue and treatment all because you wanted an Apple watch. Unfortunately, when you and I learned our work ethic, we were of the adage that the customer is always right, put yourself in their shoes, etc, and that philosophy wasn't limited to Customer Service, either. I would much rather be the type  of person who knows and practices empathy, treating all people kindly no matter the circumstances. I do have my moments, trust me, but they are few and far between. 

I just want you to know that you'd be much more satisfied going into an Apple Retail store to purchase an Apple product. They also offer a finance plan, depending on the total amount of your purchase. Over the years, I have only ever gotten an Apple employee who follows our credo, and never, ever shows the disrespect or apathy you describe. I wonder if the Apple products on the Q are second rate (like Amazon version of items like Cottonelle TP, vastly different than retail store offered product) or "seconds", or old.

The Apple experience post sales is why you do pay more for Apple products. In my opinion, they are worth their weight in gold for the IT "Genius"techies & CSRs.

These employees take ownership of a customer issue and will not let it go until you are 100% satisfied. And, no, I do not work for Apple, or in IT, for that matter.

Post us a pic of you in your new timepiece Woman Happy

dee

Esteemed Contributor

I have owned three Apple IPHONES and two IPAD models all bought at a APPLE store.  I would never purchase any other way.  WHen I am ready for a new device I bring my existing device with me, make my purchase from one of their super CSR's getting a nice trade in on my old device and then turn my new device into one of their Genius Bar wizards and go shopping in the mall for half an hour.  I return to find my new device completely set up,with all data transferred from my old device ready to start using.  God I love those Apple folks.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much D_2_the_3rd......Hi Dee, I do appreciate the thoughtful reply you sent me. Yes, you and the rest are right that when it comes to electronics, most especially Apple Products....I think it would be best to just purchase it directly to the Apple Store. I am thinking that the two Apple Watches I purchased from QVC were not really meant for me, with two different purchases and with defects. Just this afternoon, I got a call from QVC Customer Service Department. It was a Male CS and he was the Direct Person (as he calls it) of the male CS I have encountered, with reagrds to the Missing Stand. He was very apologetic and very professional in his manner of talking. He felt embarrased as to what has happened because he was his direct person. I was thankful to him and to Kim who also replied to my post, that after all this...there is still that trust left, that they...QVC READS and LISTENS to their Customers.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you KathyPet! Yes, this is a Big Lesson Learned for me and will never happen again. The Apple Store is the best place to purchase any Apple Products. And very true, the Apple representatives do possess that good quality of a Customer Service.....