Contributor

I shop HSN as well as QVC, and have noticed that their hosts rely far less on those pesky cheat sheets/cards. Don't know whether that's because they know their products better, or whether they rely more on the feed via their ear buds. In either case, I would like to see them less reliant on those cards. After all, a black pair of pants is a black pair of pants. No need to check the card. LOL.

Respected Contributor

teleprompter

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

I'd care one way or the other, they aren't entertaining me and if they have to check a card to make sure they say they right thing, I think that's a good thing.  

Honored Contributor

What difference does it make as long as the customer gets accurate information?  Is there anything about which people won't gripe?  Becomes tedious and petty after awhile. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

It doesn't bother me that hosts uses note cards.  In fact, it was highly recommended to do so when I took a class in public speaking. Our teacher collected the note card after we gave the speech, and it became incorporated into our final grade.

There are so many colors, many that have unusual names, like Moroccan blue, celery green, bright coral, dark pink, elephant grey, etc.  I don't think it is fair to ask the host to memorize every single detail.  They want to make sure the customer has the information that matches the item number so that there is minimal confusion while ordering.

Esteemed Contributor

The petty things people find to complain about never ceases to amaze me.  How much time do people spend watching QVC anyway?

Respected Contributor

I do not think those cards are pesky at all.  Rather than pesky, I think that they are very useful.  IMO anyone that thinks this does not understand the hosts jobs and all that they do.  There is plenty of information already being communicated to hosts via their ear buds. 

Honored Contributor

I see hosts use the cards all the time.   And on a close up I've seen different color highlighting on them as well

I've also seen different hosts on different occasions nearly panic because they could find their card or had the wrong card.

Not seeing what you're seeing.

@Monamar

Respected Contributor

There is too much information, too many different products, for anyone to remember all the details.  It's good that they're careful and check themselves to be sure they are sharing the correct details. Sometimes an item comes in two shades of blue, for example, and it's hard to tell which one is medium blue and which one is just blue. 

I find some HSN hosts unpleasant to listen to and almost never tune in there even if they don't use cards much!

Trusted Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

teleprompter

Maybe the Q should use a teleprompter.  I think relying on the cards so much looks sort of amateurish.