Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

Keep a eye for Estate Sales or Yard Sales.  I went to a 3 day estate sale over the weekend.

For those of us who say we have alot of "Temptations" well this lady had 9 cabinets of every kind of Pyrex- clear, patterned, green w/white flowers & Corning Ware - blue cornflower, harvest, white, french white and more.  Then she had 5 sets of corelle ware with pieces of tableware.  I didn't even know they made some of these styles.  She had 5 coffee pots (stove top percolator) blue flower corningware.

That stuff sold so fast I didn't even really get to see the prices.  There is nothing like the original corning ware pieces - I have my mothers and it still cleans and bakes as nice ...

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  Yes, the blue & white cornflower.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 That lady must have been quite a cook!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I parallel it to my obsession when Temptations first came out.  I keep selling what I didn't use from those big sets but then I'd see a piece and bought more🙄 & my newest obsession Fiestaware!!! 

I'll never use all the pieces I have and lord knows that'll be my kids (having estate sale, donating or tossing) when I depart this earth!  😉

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@ECBG 

I parallel it to my obsession when Temptations first came out.  I keep selling what I didn't use from those big sets but then I'd see a piece and bought more🙄 & my newest obsession Fiestaware!!! 

I'll never use all the pieces I have and lord knows that'll be my kids (having estate sale, donating or tossing) when I depart this earth!  😉

@homedecor1 Honey, they'll need to heat things for sure!!!  They'll melt something then pull out your set!  Wait!  Didn't WE do that!!!  lol!!!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I have about 20 pieces in the Marjolean pattern.  All different sizes w/lids where possible.  Yes, they are probably 50-60 yrs old and never a chip, craze, crack in any of them.  Wouldn't part w/them!

Honored Contributor

They sure made a good quality product.  Made to last and last, with proper care and directions.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Asking is not receiving.  You see lots of crazy things on ebay.

I got rid of it long ago because it is impossible to get all the grime off it. 

I have a few pieces from the late 60's.  Haven't used them in years, but kept them in case my Temptations cracked or were deemed unsafe.  Corningware is too hard to clean--I agree with you.

Honored Contributor
They stopped making the blue cornflower years ago so I stocked up..but they began making it again. The vintage pieces are very collectible. There is a FB page where collectors show off their finds. I don’t display mine,,,I use them every day....
Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@I am still oxox 

Keep a eye for Estate Sales or Yard Sales.  I went to a 3 day estate sale over the weekend.

For those of us who say we have alot of "Temptations" well this lady had 9 cabinets of every kind of Pyrex- clear, patterned, green w/white flowers & Corning Ware - blue cornflower, harvest, white, french white and more.  Then she had 5 sets of corelle ware with pieces of tableware.  I didn't even know they made some of these styles.  She had 5 coffee pots (stove top percolator) blue flower corningware.

That stuff sold so fast I didn't even really get to see the prices.  There is nothing like the original corning ware pieces - I have my mothers and it still cleans and bakes as nice ...

I wish I still had my original electric Corningware percolators. I had one electric and one stovetop, which I stopped using when we moved to a house without a gas stove. It was very hard for me to regulate the stovetop percolator on an electric burner. It always seemed to boil over. I gave away the electric coffeepot but I can't remember why. It was many years ago. I wish I had it back!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett