Honored Contributor

I just saw two square peices on a resale site for $70, wow I think this is nuts. I now vintage is in but $70 is a lot of money 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Corning Ware

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox   I still have my mom's Corning Ware.It must be about 60 years old. If you can get to a Corning outlet store you can get those pieces pretty cheap. I was in the one at Rockvale Square in Lancaster P.A. last Spring . I picked up some extra pieces & didn't pay much at all.

Honored Contributor

I sold mine in my garage sale for two dollars each..lol

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox 

I guess they can ask as much as they want.  However, before I would pay that amount, I would think about using something else.

I have several pieces of the old CW in different patterns, and I still use it.  Some lids were replaced because of chipping, but, overall, they are in good shape.  One piece has gotten stained over time.

I also have the CW Cranberry Visions set, including the huge roaster.  I am reluctant to use that thing as it is so big and heavy, I rarely have occasion to cook that much of anything.  When filled, it is extremely heavy.

While I like those glass pieces, once they get blazing hot, they worry me. The handles are small, and they are heavy.  I use them mostly to reheat things.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a whole set of Corning Ware casserole dishes I got as a wedding gift that hasn't  opened.  I got two of the same and only opened one set....which I still have and use.

I guess If I need money...I can sell them.  There are six casserole dishes with glass lids.   Wow!  I have a gold mine in storage. They are almost 47 years old.

I have two of the dishes shown below...how crazy.

0950B60D-0B98-467B-9583-81825633D2A1.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Good grief, I had no idea these casserole dishes were worth this much. I’ve used them for dog bowls.

Honored Contributor

Asking is not receiving.  You see lots of crazy things on ebay.

I got rid of it long ago because it is impossible to get all the grime off it. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have 2 of the large cornflower blue and one spice of life casserole dishes.

The dishes are my moms from the 50s and the rest I bought off eBay but certainly not for that amount. Wow I would never spend that much. I think everything I bought was 10-20 bucks. 

Mine have never chipped and look brand new, I use them all the time. 

I have the smaller bowls with the handle which I use every day. I bought the cornflower teapot, pie plate, salt n pepper and a sugar bottle. The little white ramekins I use for cat water bowls and food. I love it all! 

I think of my mom when I use them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie   Wow!! I have that set plus several more pieces. I use them all the time & they look brand new!! I can't believe they're charging so much. Like I previously posted I purchased extra pieces from the Corning outlet for very cheap just last Spring.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ   Mine look brand new too.  i use Barkeepers Friend to keep them nice and white.

I live in PA, so I have been to the outlet stores many times.  I am wondering why some of those vintage pieces are selling for so much.  I would think many people still have them...they don't seem rare.