I was going to buy the Shop Vac 1. 5 gallon wet dry vac but it is 79.99 on QVC and 30.00 at Target.   Other stores had it in the 40.00 range.   That 79.99 is before shipping.  I don't understand such a difference in price.   It has caused me to check the price online before shopping at qvc.   

Esteemed Contributor

Susan Graver after one item I will not buy her material. Also denim  company get rid of the big prints and tunic. I am small in length. I found a shirt with their name and brand name like new at a thrift at $1.49. I couldn't pass that up for he is too high now. And Dooney purses are only for the rich and not for the older people who might be the only one living on retirement.  I do not need celebrities for they want high prices because of their name.

Honored Contributor

I got a really cute casual jacket from Macy's for $13.99 plus tax and free shipping. Regular price was $49.50.   I am no longer buying clothing from QVC.  No cosmetics either unless it is a kit at a very good price.    

Occasional Contributor

I agree; by the time I receive my orders I've usually forgotten what I ordered and often found similar items locally or on line elsewhere for much less money ! Most orders sit "packageing' for 3 days even before shipping...outrageous; and the shipping charges are rediculous...order 3 t-shirts ..same item #.. and you pay $11.50 s./h. which is taxed in California. QVC is far too GREEDY..

Trusted Contributor

@duckdog wrote:

I agree.  QVC's prices are way too high and their slow shipping stinks.  I've only been a customer for a few years, but I hardly buy anything from them now.  I like Susan Graver tops, but refuse to pay $50+ dollars for a simple T-shirt.  I bought several from Kohls for around $5 each and they are really nice.  Maybe if people stopped shopping there, they would lower their prices because they sure can't put salt and pepper on and it the stuff. 

I agree with you 100% duckdog.  Kohl's has some nice tee shorts made by Croft and Barrow and with the 30% off and free shipping you could get them for 5 bucks! I like the Croft and Barrow jeans also.

Honored Contributor

@dazzlingdiane wrote:

The increase in prices happened before the tariffs went into effect!

@CalminHeart wrote:

A lot of what Q sells is imported from other countries.  A chunk of the higher prices is due to tariffs. Retailers are passing those costs along to consumers.  

I agree the prices went crazy before tariffs...one reason is that wages have increased.Minimum wage in my area is now fifteen dollars and they are talking about increasing to  20 now.

Valued Contributor

I agree & when the b & m stores have a sale or coupons it's a really good deal. No s & h. I've gone back to the mall. 

Valued Contributor

If you know the name brands the b & m is a better price when on sale. You can also have it shipped to your home! I have some favorites from Penney's & have rarely had to return a thing. 

Honored Contributor

The stores don't increase the price of sale items either.  I have a few things on my wish list that are on clearance and the price goes up every few weeks!  If I haven't purchased it before I wont be now with the increase in price.  What are they thinking??