Occasional Contributor

I have been buying from QVC for more years than I can count. Over that time I have see prices go up a little and then stablize, with that cycle repeating. I have not witnessed price increases like I'm seeing now. Over $70 for a liquid knit top...t-shirts for over $50...and the list goes on. I'm think QVC's new logo should have been qvC. And even with that,  "convenience" is now taking a back seat to Amazon and other online shops. Sorry QVC, but I can't afford most of your Designer lines, and that seems to be what you are pushing. Do you ever plan to get back to your roots of providing - QVC? Woman Frustrated

Super Contributor

I barely buy anything from the Q anymore.  Not only prices are cheaper elsewhere, the QVC shipping is toooooooooooooo slow.  I'll buy from other places and get my order within two or three days.  It has to be something that no one else has for me to buy from the Q.  It's sad really because I used to love buying from QVC Smiley Sad  

Esteemed Contributor

Prices are going up on many things everywhere! newspapers ( I cancelled one), lawn care (I’m pricing other companies),monitored alarm system,(I asked if they had a Sr  rate & they don’t but won’t increase my price), Cable etc. 

But QVC isn’t just going up a little, it’s a lot especially counting shipping and we pay tax on the shipping. They are not in competition with the stores now where I can try clothing on and not have to pay the price to return items. Etc.

Today I wore a new D & Co shirt lunchtime special with free shipping. It’s a medium and sleeves were too long (inconsistent sizing) but it would cost more to return it than I paid for the shirt. I will push them up or hem them.Etc.

Quality, Value , Convenience, WHERE? I used to shop a lot at that place; hard to find it now!

Honored Contributor

Before you throw more brickbats, consider the tariffs that went into effect late last summer.  That wasn't QVC's fault.  I notice that the price of appliances has zoomed up too.  Everything made in China, including most clothing, is up in price.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I almost started a post today about the same thing.  I enjoy watching the Valerie Parr Hill shows but the prices have skyrocketed!  With shipping and tax there was hardly anything under $50.  Her things are nice, but can be bought elsewhere for much less with no shipping charge.  

And the clothing prices!  They are up everywhere, not just QVC, but I wait for sales and coupons to purchase the majority of my clothing, or shop at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, etc. which are hit or miss.  Susan Graver tops are nice, but crazy prices!  And, the cost of getting it, and perhaps returning it make it just not worth it anymore.  I also stopped buying shoes and handbags for the same reason; the cost of return if you don't like it for whatever reason.  

Also, the shipping is very slow.

Honored Contributor

QVC Clothing prices have always been too high for me especially when you add in tax and shipping.  Even clearance items have always been too much.  The only exception I have made was for a few Dennis Basso items and many years ago some Quacker Factory sweaters.  

Honored Contributor

A lot of what Q sells is imported from other countries.  A chunk of the higher prices is due to tariffs. Retailers are passing those costs along to consumers.  

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Before you throw more brickbats, consider the tariffs that went into effect late last summer.  That wasn't QVC's fault.  I notice that the price of appliances has zoomed up too.  Everything made in China, including most clothing, is up in price.

Is there really a tariff on clothing???? Does anyone know the facts?   I honestly feel that every time this sort thing hits the media, it's an opportunity for every manufacturer that manufactures anything to just gouge the customer.  JMHO

Valued Contributor

Prices are higher ...even on food items made here.  But I wonder why QVC brings in a pair of shoes that sell for $155 plus $11 s&h plus tax and then have one still shot.  Will anyone buy under those circumstances?  And then if it doesn't fit you are looking at a lengthy refund and no refund on shipping.  I'd rather visit a shoe store!

Trusted Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Is there really a tariff on clothing???? Does anyone know the facts?   I honestly feel that every time this sort thing hits the media, it's an opportunity for every manufacturer that manufactures anything to just gouge the customer.  JMHO

@Harvard99  You’re right! Every time prices go up it’s a different reason, the latest being tariffs. In my opinion it’s just corporate greed.