Honored Contributor

@Islandqueen1 wrote:

Well average is not any model.  The clothes look horrible on the models, whoever is dressing them or choosing what model represents what designer is doing a bad job.  Go back and look at the LOGO show that was on this evening...whoa...not good.  Their sales must be plummeting.  And to all of the women on here with the wise cracks, enough is enough, we can comment without you having an attitude.  

@Islandqueen1. Maybe it's  not the models so much as the clothes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: Average size models

[ Edited ]

The avarage size for women in the US today is size 16-18.  I don't know where the're getting their models lately but in my HOP they leave a lot to be desired. But then again it may not be the models but whoever is doing the styling.  Stuffing a size 2 or 3X model into a size Large or Extra Large is never a good look !  The only thing it's good for is a good laugh.  When the host says "Sally what size are you in?" and Sally (the model who looks like a 3X ) replys "Large"  It's always a good chuckle.  It may explain why their sales are going down. I think most people ( again my OP) would rather see what they want to look like not what they do look like.  "We" all have mirrors for that.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624       62° right now.....going down to mid 40's tonight.   ALBQ usually doesn't make our local news.....but it sure did today!     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi. AT least you're getting some much-deserved cooler weather.  You'll probably get chilled.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi. AT least you're getting some much-deserved cooler weather.  You'll probably get chilled.

@Kachina624      Probably????    My feet feel like they're frozen to the floor and my joints are making "cracking" noises....    Hard to believe I'm from CHICAGO!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I was just telling someone about a week or so ago that, around my area, there must be quite a few women who have good self esteem.

Well, all I can say is 'good for them'.

I'm not that brave, and I guess my self esteem is fairly low or non-existent.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Isn't QVC now carrying up to a size 5X in some lines? Why would they do that unless they felt there was a market. Why would QVC display what you think is the average size woman, rather than what they think constitutes their average audience/consumer. And unlike times past where there would be five models on a set, now there is possibly two. Think maybe the virus has something to do with it? Think possibly some of the models may not be as readily available to work as in times past? 

Trusted Contributor
I agree with the OP. It used to be that all of the models were extra extra small or extra small. Now the pendulum has swung and most of the models are plus size. There is only one medium size model. So yes, the OP has a valid point. I highly doubt that the average size women is a size 16 though.
Respected Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

I just saw the LOGO show (10/26) and holly cow!  I cannot for the life of me understand why they put these extra plus size models in these sausge casing leggings.  They need to show various models, more size ranges.  When I see these extra plus size models in skin tight clothing, I am so turned off they look horrible, how these stylists can dress them like this is just unbelievable. It is like they are thinking, let's see how we can make these women look even larger than they are.   Those velvet leggings on that model was beyond horrid.

I totally agree .. I thought the same thing when I tuned in .....

Respected Contributor

There are several Medium size models at the Q.

Bonnie (my favorite) is 5 ' 9 inches & wears a medium

Ellen is also 5' 9 inches & wears medium.

Toni, is approximately 5' 6 inches and wears a Medium to Large.

Lydia, is 5' 7 inches and wears a large

Angela, is about 5' 9 inches and wears a small to medium.

There are a number of average size models at the Q.