Trusted Contributor

Whatever size the model is just please put them in the correct size.   

Honored Contributor

@Islandqueen1 wrote:

I am really getting tired of looking at women who do not portray the average size womna in the USA.  Either they' re too skinny or all plus models.  None of them look like WE  do.  I notice how badly these models look in the clothes and I do  NOT buy them.  Other people have to be complaining about it too, not just me.

@Islandqueen1 

This is unrealistic. None of them look like you and none of us look like you. 

Even at same weight or same height women are proportioned differently. The clothing will look different on women wearing the same size because their bodies are not identical. 

I can’t imagine depending on seeing a model that looks like me to decide if I like the clothing. They are almost always wearing the clothing 1-2 sizes too small for them. You really want to see someone that looks like you dressed like an overstuffed sausage? 

BTW, the average size woman in the US is plus size. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Average size models

[ Edited ]

I tend to agree with you @Islandqueen1, though I suspect I'm not supposed to say so. As with any group who right now is bemoaning being under-represented or 'marginalized', the powers that be, regardless of the industry, have over-reacted and gone too far the other way. It's now those in the mainstream, (and yes, a mainstream does still exist...) that are increasingly being under-represented. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

This Tuesday’s D&C show stylists did no justice to the line. The plaid shirt that Carolyn wore as a shirt jacket over her tee fit through the shoulders, but where she buttoned it at the middle, it was visibly over stretched. It didn’t help that the plaid pattern was distorted. The model wore several tops that were simply too small, especially the sweater that looked like a candy mold through the bust and stomach. In this case the studio lighting accentuated the fit problem too. 

I did notice that the squirrels were “introduced” at the beginning of the two-hour show and then were pretty much forgotten. Much less emphasis on them in this show. A compromise perhaps...

Valued Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

I just saw the LOGO show (10/26) and holly cow!  I cannot for the life of me understand why they put these extra plus size models in these sausge casing leggings.  They need to show various models, more size ranges.  When I see these extra plus size models in skin tight clothing, I am so turned off they look horrible, how these stylists can dress them like this is just unbelievable. It is like they are thinking, let's see how we can make these women look even larger than they are.   Those velvet leggings on that model was beyond horrid.

I'd love to superimpose the old show What Not To Wear onto QVC. I think that's why Clinton Kelly is gone. He refused to design the QVC way

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Bonnie is about 5'7 and wears medium. She is the model that is closet to my size. I think she is a terrific model.

@Goldengate8361 

I'm 5'7" and wear a medium too. I think she would wear a true size 10...maybe even size 8 in some clothes. I'm inbetween sizes right now...so close to my goal. 

Another model is Katherine/Catherine (?) Jane Treacy refers to her as Kat/Cat in this presentation - A367987 - at the 2:32 mark in the video. Kat/Cat is also in the video for a Carole Hochman velour jogger set A368281 at the 2:30 mark in the video. I guess to me, she looks to be about what I look like size-wise right now and she is only an inch taller. I used to be 5'8", but old age shrunk me an inch...LOL

Also, I know Leah & Marybeth wear a medium right now. Marybeth is shorter and bustier than me and I think Leah is taller. But I can still get a general idea with what they are wearing. I want to be where you & Bonnie are. I'm between a 10 & 12, and fit into 'most' medium fine.

I'm hoping by early next year I'll finally fit into a 'true' 10.

@Islandqueen1  What size do you wear and what size/s do you feel is 'average'?

Valued Contributor

Agree I am 5' 2"...115pounds,have had two children.  I am 65.... Where are the 6's   8's    10's      Give me a break.

Trusted Contributor

Not everyone is is tall and weighs 120 lbs.  Can't we show a little kindness?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the main problem re: the tight leggings is that they often seem to feature a camel/nude color on models, 'slim' or non-slim.

I do think, that, on TV, many of the models who wear nude/camel leggings look as though they aren't wearing bottoms at all. 

And, from a distance, it's even worse.

I say this because I sometimes wear (indoors) light pink leggings, and when I'm outdoors out front, cars do slow down..........(lol)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

The avarage size for women in the US today is size 16-18.  I don't know where the're getting their models lately but in my HOP they leave a lot to be desired. But then again it may not be the models but whoever is doing the styling.  Stuffing a size 2 or 3X model into a size Large or Extra Large is never a good look !  The only thing it's good for is a good laugh.  When the host says "Sally what size are you in?" and Sally (the model who looks like a 3X ) replys "Large"  It's always a good chuckle.  It may explain why their sales are going down. I think most people ( again my OP) would rather see what they want to look like not what they do look like.  "We" all have mirrors for that.  

@Silver Fox1 

The average size woman in the U.S. is a 12/14, which is usually a Medium with QVC's vanity sizing.

The one thing no one here knows is how well the larger sizes sell, in spite if all the complaining.  We just don't have sales information by size.  If they don't sell well, from a business perspective, QVC would be crazy to offer them.