Honored Contributor

Re: Average size models

[ Edited ]

Not sure what size you consider average.  Actually, the average size female is now size 16. I think that's an XL.  Wasn't it about 10 years ago, size 12 was average?  American women are getting heavier.  

So, why so many XXS's?  Why so many in the upper plus range?

Who is in the small-medium range, 6, 8, 10, or even 12, and somewhere around 5' 4" to 5' 7"?    Also, petites in this range.  This is where QVC falls short.  

One model is size 8, but she is very tall.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like seeing women of all sizes on QVC.  But I do think that the stylists are dressing models in ill fitting clothing!! 

Whether tall and slender or short and larger or tall and larger or short and slender...so many models are not dressed according to their body shape!! 

Apparel selections on many models are definitely not attractive nor appealing!!

Respected Contributor

WE...leave me out of it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Average size models

[ Edited ]

Don't say we, say me or I.  Or say, I would like to see a better representation of all sizes.

What's average is subjective.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   OMG you just made me burst out laughing!  I use the word "slacks" and my daughter teases me when I use it.  Now I can point her to your post and show her I'm not the only one!

Regular Contributor

Well average is not any model.  The clothes look horrible on the models, whoever is dressing them or choosing what model represents what designer is doing a bad job.  Go back and look at the LOGO show that was on this evening...whoa...not good.  Their sales must be plummeting.  And to all of the women on here with the wise cracks, enough is enough, we can comment without you having an attitude.  

Super Contributor

The average US woman is size 14  and that is size 14 in today's market. In the past, our 14 was more like 18 or 1x.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   Off topic......but EEK......I just saw your weather report (!!)     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Bonnie is about 5'7 and wears medium. She is the model that is closet to my size. I think she is a terrific model.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi. It started about noon, there about 4" out there now and it's 18° at 6:45pm.  This is suppose to continue until midday Wednesday.  Its supposed to increase tonight.  Extremely unusual for us.  

Are you getting any cold air?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment