Honored Contributor

Re: Week Six of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman 

Interesting Podcast John Keim with Chris Cooley---His thoughts similar to mine on Scott Turner's game plans.....  

@Spurt 

Game planning is both an art and a science. There's no "one size fits all" game plan. The Eagles went into Sunday's game planning not to block the Cowboys' best defensive player. "We won't block him, we'll read him." They pretty much took Micah Parsons out of the game. He'd had six sacks in five games and got none on Sunday. He was credited with seven tackles, but they were mostly when he chased down the player from behind after getting beat on the play. It was a brilliant game plan.

You have to know what your players do well and build a game plan around those skills. The Eagles knew Hurts could run well and read a defensive end quickly, so they built a plan around that. And the players have to buy in. If the players don't buy what the coach is selling, the best game plan will fail.

The Giants arguably have one of the five worst rosters in the NFL but are 5-1. Why? They're playing to their players' strengths. They aren't forcing guys who don't fit onto the field. Kenny Golladay being a prime example. He was a high-priced free agent they won, but the new staff is largely keeping him benched. He doesn't fit into what they want to do. The players that have bought in and trust the coaches and their game plan are on the field and winning.

The Broncos, and Chargers both looked like they had great off-seasons and added a lot of talent. Neither team has played all that well so far. It took a field goal in overtime for the Chargers to get the win last night.

The Seahawks are the highest-scoring team in the NFC West right now having scored 146 points behind Geno Smith. The Rams, Niners, and Cards have better offenses on paper but have scored 104, 122, and 114. 

The Eagles came into this season with questions about their QB and defense. We're the highest-scoring NFC team right now at 161 and fourth in points allowed at 105. And truth be told that points allowed number could be lower if Gannon had stayed aggressive all game. The Niners lead the NFC in points allowed at 89 that sixteen-point difference is largely due to Gannon going soft once the Eagles have a big enough lead. If he stayed aggressive the whole game, we'd likely be ahead of the Niners in that category.

I don't think the Commanders' players are necessarily buying what the coaches are selling. How do you fix that? Fire the coaches? 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Yes, ITA matching the game plan to each player's

ability, skills, and talents, plus MAKING NEEDED ADJUSTMENTS DURING THE GAME!!!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw @gardenman 

WOW ---Jim Irsay has stirred the pot ......

GET YOUR POPCORN READY--

Get Your Popcorn Ready! - Adventures in Admission

The Colts owner dropped a bombshell on Tuesday, saying at the league meeting in New York that he believes there’s merit to forcing out Commanders owner Daniel Snyder.

Irsay told a throng of reporters that there potentially are 24 total votes to force Snyder out. Irsay said that a vote is unlikely today, but that it could happen after Mary Jo White submits her report regarding her investigation of allegations against Snyder.

It’s a gutsy move by Irsay to go public with his beliefs. It’s also possibly a trial balloon, something Irsay may have agreed to float in order both to legitimize the subject and to gauge the reaction.

Irsay, who previously was suspended by the league for driving while impaired, also has no fear of reprisal from Snyder. “He can investigate me till the cows come home, it’s not going to back me off,” Irsay said, via Lindsay Jones of TheRinger.com.

The reaction from the public undoubtedly will be positive. Most fans of the Commanders want change. It will be messy. It will be expensive. But Irsay is right. The time has come for it to happen!

Of course Danny fired back---

“It is highly inappropriate, but not surprising, that Mr. Irsay opted to make statements publicly based on falsehoods in the media,” a Commanders spokesperson said, via Nicki Jhabvala of the Washington Post. “It is unfortunate that Mr. Irsay decided to go public with his statement today, while an investigation is in process, and the team has had no opportunity to formally respond to allegations. The Commanders have made remarkable progress over the past two years. We are confident that, when he has an opportunity to see the actual evidence in this case, Mr. Irsay will conclude that there is no reason for the Snyders to consider selling the franchise. And they won’t.”

Mike Florio made this assessment---"Why do the Commanders continue to think that two years of not violating the rights of employees or otherwise behaving badly should excuse everything that happened over the decade or so before it? They cling to this clumsy P.R. strategy that consists of attacking anyone who would dare to mention past misconduct without also praising the changes the team has made at a time when anything else would have guaranteed a forced sale of the team."

JMHO---But again why dont the owners go this route----instead of even talking about the allegations/investigations and just talk about how Snyder has lost the fan's support, revenues are NOT where they should be, its revenue sharing and the league is losing money. Suspicious handling involving visting team revenues.  The stadium is falling apart,  leaking sewage, and MD/VA/DC do not want to partner with him to build a new stadium ......

@teganslaw 

Washington fans would forever be indebted to Irsay and the Colts

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt , Thanks for the update. I didn't know the latest news about Jim Irsay. I don't always go along with his ideas, but I will give him kudos for for speaking out about Dan Snyder. Maybe it will help get something started. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

ohhhhhhh the IRSAYS......pretty much a hated family in baltimore......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

ohhhhhhh the IRSAYS......pretty much a hated family in baltimore......

@sunshine45 

Didnt they pack up trucks and move the Colts in the middle of the night from Baltimore to Indy!