Honored Contributor

Re: Week Six of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

A good first half for the Eagles. Other than a special teams miscue, about a perfect first half. 20-3 and the Eagles get the ball first in the second half.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Eagles took a creative approach to blocking Micah Parsons. They just don't block him. They make him decide to go after Hurts or the back/WR. Whatever he chooses ends up being wrong. If he goes after the RB/WR, Hurts keeps the ball. If he crashes on Hurts, he throws the ball to the RB/WR.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

We got the win! Our defense made it a bit more exciting later in the game, but we got the win. We're now 6-0 with a bye next week, then the Steelers on the 30th.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Congratulations to the Philly fans! The only undefeated team is the NFL is a great accomplishment after six weeks.  I was worried we wouldn't get the win without Dak, but at least Dallas made a valiant attempt coming back in the 3rd quarter. Should be fun when they meet again Christmas Eve in Arlington and hopefully we'll have Dak under center then and not Cooper.

Trusted Contributor

Congrats on the win gardenman.

Pittsburg beat TB - how sweet that was!!!!

Honored Contributor

I'd like to see the Eagles play a full game with their foot fully on the throttle the whole game. We've typically played hard for a quarter here and there, and it's been enough to get the win. It won't be enough if we play the Bills or Chiefs later on. You really need to play a full game against the truly elite teams.

It feels like once we get "far enough" ahead, the defensive coordinator, Jonathan Gannon, eases off the gas a bit to not embarrass the other team. "We've got this. We can back off a bit and turn it up again later if we need to. We don't need to embarrass them." Which is a very modern, new-age, way to coach. The problem is he's not coaching in a modern, new-age area. He's coaching in Philly. 

There's no "Let's not embarrass them" attitude here. There's a "Crush them!" attitude here. "Embarrass them?" Oh, heck no. Humiliate them! Crush them! Destroy them! Make them wish they'd never come here! 

Gannon's approach earns him favor with opposing coaches. It keeps games closer. It keeps them from getting embarrassed. It helps them keep their jobs. "We were just a play or two away from winning." It doesn't alienate them. It's a smart, business-like way to coach defense for an aspiring head coach. It drives the Philly fanbase a bit crazy though.

We prefer the Buddy Ryan-style coach who never backs down and plays at full throttle the whole game and doesn't care if he humiliates the opposing coaches. Jim Johnson, our way earlier DC, could have been up by thirty and he'd still be throwing blitzes at the opposing team. 

Jonathan Gannon eases off the throttle once he's confident things are under control. He lets teams back into games. He lacks the killer instinct. We're still winning despite it, but at some point, that easing off the throttle will come back to bite us. 

I understand why he does what he does. It makes sense for him. And it's fine in some cities. It's just not ideal here in this blue-collar region where there is no mercy for an opponent. At least not in the fan's eyes. And especially not a big rival. 

Still, a win is a win and I'll take any win. I would like to see us play at least one game flat-out for the whole game though. We've not played a complete game yet this year. If we ever do, then the sky's the limit.

We've got a bye this coming week, then four winnable games (Steelers, Texans, Colts, Commanders) before running into the Packers and Titans who now look pretty beatable. Then what looks like a big game with the Giants. We'll finish with the Bears, Cowboys, Saints, and Giants again. I'm not sure there's a game left on the schedule where the Eagles won't be favored. That's a weird feeling here.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

Thanks! 

I think Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are both rethinking their decisions not to retire this past year. Neither one has quite the team they've had in the past and I'm not sure either one is all that happy or having fun right now. They don't need the money and when it's no longer fun to play the game, it might be time to move on.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The Eagles coaching staff had a great plan to keep Micah Parsons out of the game. He was frustrated all night.

If fan bases get their way, several coaches will be fired. Tampa is calling for Bowles and Leftwich to go, and Green Bay wants LeFleur fired and Rodgers benched. Some Colts fans feel that way whenever the team loses. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

CONGRATS on the Eagles WIN!!!! 

Yep, Im with you----PUT THE GAME AWAY!!! DON'T LET THEM BACK IN!! (which the Eagles DC did)  Perhaps it was because the teams are going to meet each other again and the Eagles didnt want to show the Cowboys their full playbook?????.....Or perhaps if the Eagles CRUSHED them, it would give the Cowboys bulletin board material and motivate them for the next meeting!!! Kinda like the Redskin/Eagles infamous "body bag game".....where the Redskins got their revenge!!!

But I understand the Philly fans arent happy because in a rival game its not a "real win" unless you ANNIHILATE YOUR RIVAL!!!

And yes @teganslaw I totally agree, I think the Eagles showed other teams how to neutralize Micah Parsons a bit.....😁

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@yellowrose wrote:

Thanks! 

I think Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are both rethinking their decisions not to retire this past year. Neither one has quite the team they've had in the past and I'm not sure either one is all that happy or having fun right now. They don't need the money and when it's no longer fun to play the game, it might be time to move on.

@gardenman @teganslaw @yellowrose 

Yep, I can picture Gisele sending Tommy a text---"HAHA, you should have retired."!!!!  And Tom's probably thinking I destroyed my marriage for THIS!!!

And Aaron must be thinking---I shouldve DEMANDED a trade to San Francisco!!!!! Somehow loses will make this place feel even colder in the winter games...!!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”