Trusted Contributor

Re: Week Four of the 2019 NFL Regular Season!!!

@redwingsgal  I agree.  That WAS a touchdown.  And Dez's catch WAS a touchdown.

(some people can't forget haha)  The ball never hit the ground.  

The Lions looked really good. I liked the way they kept punching the ball out causing

fumbles.  I'm really surprise they lost.  Lions will be a team to watch out for.

Respected Contributor

@gardenman   Glad to see you were wrong in predicting the Browns would lose to the Ravens!  I admit I wasn't sure they could do it, but they really started to let loose this week.  Mayfield was doing better, but that run by the RB, Chubb, was amazing!  Baltimore was in shock (as was I).

They showed some of the locker room stuff on the Cleveland news, and it was great to see so much optimism.  The coach (Kitchens) hugging the QB (Mayfield) was something you wouldn't see from just any coach!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just saw Burfict is banned for the rest of the season. Its about time.

Esteemed Contributor

It's a good thing that Doyle wasn't hurt on that play. I saw the game; there was no reason for Burfict to do that. The history of his penalties had a lot to do with Burfict banned for the rest of the season IMO. He'll probably be fined also.

Detroit deserves a bye week after playing their hearts out Sunday. After the Colts game ended, CBS switched to the final minutes of the Chiefs-Lions game. If Detroit continues playing like that, they could be a force to be reckoned with in the NFC North. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

@nun ya   @teganslaw 

Its about time!!!  But whats disappointing to hear is a discussion they had on Golic & Wingo on ESPN with a Front Office Analyst is that the NFL gave a max  suspension BUT Burfict and his agent will appeal it and his sentence will be reduced....so they are saying it will probably end up being 8 games....the suspensions are always aimed at the max, knowing there will be appeals and the actual punishment will end up being reduced..He did this before...Woman Frustrated

Personally he should be totally BANNED from the NFL!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

YAY BROWNS! 😊

Respected Contributor

And the Steelers get a win!!

gold

Honored Contributor

I was glad to see Burfict get the ban. Burfict and Richie Incognito are two guys who probably should be in an institution or prison rather than on a football field. Their lack of self-control and their impulse to hurt people is not good for the game. They both routinely go way beyond what is acceptable.

Congratulations to the Steelers. I'm not sure how long the wildcat formation will be viable, but it worked for them this week.

The Eagles and Falcons worked out a trade where the Eagles got young linebacker Duke Riley in exchange for safety Johnathan Cyprien. This is more a special teams trade for the Eagles. We also gained a sixth-round pick and lost a seventh in the deal, so the Falcons valued Cyprien more than Duke Riley. We'll have to see how that plays out. 

DJ Swearinger has worn out his welcome on yet another team and gotten cut yet again. He's a talented player but apparently a locker room cancer. Guys with his kind of talent tend to hang around no matter how bad they are in the locker room, but he's the exception. He pretty consistently goes from being the starter to being cut on every team he plays for. He's consistent, if nothing else. You would think that at some point he'd change his ways, but he never does. Every team he goes to, he becomes a starting safety. Every team he goes to then tires of him and cuts him loose when they just can't tolerate him any longer. It's a very clear and well-established pattern at this point and time. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

Burfict is a plague on the NFL.  I saw the clip of him walking off the field with a big S-eating grin on his face.  The guy is psychotic.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

I was glad to see Burfict get the ban. Burfict and Richie Incognito are two guys who probably should be in an institution or prison rather than on a football field. Their lack of self-control and their impulse to hurt people is not good for the game. They both routinely go way beyond what is acceptable.

Congratulations to the Steelers. I'm not sure how long the wildcat formation will be viable, but it worked for them this week.

The Eagles and Falcons worked out a trade where the Eagles got young linebacker Duke Riley in exchange for safety Johnathan Cyprien. This is more a special teams trade for the Eagles. We also gained a sixth-round pick and lost a seventh in the deal, so the Falcons valued Cyprien more than Duke Riley. We'll have to see how that plays out. 

DJ Swearinger has worn out his welcome on yet another team and gotten cut yet again. He's a talented player but apparently a locker room cancer. Guys with his kind of talent tend to hang around no matter how bad they are in the locker room, but he's the exception. He pretty consistently goes from being the starter to being cut on every team he plays for. He's consistent, if nothing else. You would think that at some point he'd change his ways, but he never does. Every team he goes to, he becomes a starting safety. Every team he goes to then tires of him and cuts him loose when they just can't tolerate him any longer. It's a very clear and well-established pattern at this point and time. 

@gardenman  @JillyMarie 

Yep, you're right GARDENMAN.....Burfict and Icognito should be in prison or psychiatric hospital....and NOT in the NFL......

Well how bout that....wonders never cease....so the Redskins were right about Cousins....and it appears...DJ Swearinger as well.....And I thought DJ's demise was just more Redskin dysfunction......apparently not if he cant seem to stick to any team....

Speaking of thugs what about that strangle hold on OBJ's throat....I know he threw the first punch....but no ejections????

Here's the scoop----

Beckham is engaged in a brawl with Humphrey, who threw the Pro Bowler three times on the ground and took his hand in the throat before being sidelined.

Both players were assessed personal fouls, but none was ejected. Kitchens thought Humphrey should have been deported, but Shawn Hochuli said the actions did not reach the level of a "disqualifying foul".

JMHO--So what level are they waiting for.??????...only injuries that require a call for an ambulance????...or a death????....This is crazy!!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”