Honored Contributor

Week Four of the 2019 NFL Regular Season!!!

We start out this week with the Eagles at Green Bay. I've got a bad feeling about this game. The good news is Alshon Jeffrey and Dallas Goedert are supposed to be back and nearly back at full speed. The Eagles could easily be 3-0 heading into this game instead of 1-2 as Wentz has thrown nearly perfect game-winning touchdown passes in each of the last two games, only to have the receivers drop the ball. At some point they've got to catch a football. I think the Eagles are the more desperate team this week and I'm hoping they win. I'll pick them to win, but I'm more bracing myself for a Green Bay win.

The Chargers get to play the Miami Folders, er Dolphins. Expect this to continue being another in a series of lopsided losses for the Dolphins. The Dolphins are not taking any chances on winning a game this year. They're being outscored 133-16 so far. It's truly hard for an NFL team to only score sixteen points through three games, but the Dolphins are pulling it off. They really want that first overall pick in 2020. The Chargers should win big.

The Patriots go to Buffalo in what could be a pretty good game. Both teams are 3-0 so far, though the Patriots are playing better. If it was a later in the season game the weather might help the Bills, but I'll take the Patriots in this one. Losing AB makes them a stronger team.

The Chiefs take on the Lions. I'm starting to see a pattern here. The Eagles played the Falcons, then the next week they went and played Indy where Frank Reich was able to learn from what the Eagles did and beat the Falcons. This past week the Eagles played the Lions and now they play the Chiefs where Andy Reid can learn from the Eagles game. The Eagles have somehow become the test pilot for the Andy Reid coaching tree. I'm not sure Andy will need the help this week though. I'm taking the Chiefs.

The Redskins stagger up to play the Giants. The Giants are favored in this game, but I'm cautiously optimistic that the Redskins will win since Saquon Barkley is out for the next six weeks or so. There's now game film on the Giants new rookie QB and the Redskins can get a feel for what he does well and try to prevent that. I'm taking the Redskins for the win this week.

The Browns are the next team to try and find a way to slow down the Ravens. The Browns offensive brain-trust needs to cut the Browns offense loose. They've got some of the best playmakers in the league and they're not really using them to their full potential. Stop playing scared and timid and unleash the beasts. Sadly, I don't think they will this week. I'll take the Ravens.

The Panthers are at the Texans. Cam Newton may be done for the year as the latest report is he's got a lisfranc fracture in his foot. That's pretty much a year-long injury to recover from. I'll take the Texans. The Panthers really need to think about drafting a kid QB.

The Titans take on the Falcons. Marcus Mariota is one of those guys you just keep thinking will figure things out and start playing to his potential, but his brain got so scrambled early on from endlessly changing coordinators that I'm not sure it can be unscrambled now. I'll take the Falcons.

The Raiders go to the Colts. I think the Colts are going to handle the Raiders. I'll take the Colts.

The Seahawks are at the Cardinals. The Seahawks are a different team on the road, but I think they'll still handle the Cards. An upset here wouldn't shock me though.

The Bucs go to LA to get killed by the Rams. I'm taking the Rams big. Jameis Winston is another guy like Mariota who much was expected from, but who hasn't delivered.

The Jaguars go to the Broncos. The Jags may have found their QB of the future in Minshew. The Broncos haven't found their QB of the future or present in Flacco. The Broncos are favored and playing at home, but I'm taking the Jags in this one. I think Calais Campbell will get in Flacco's face enough to get the Jags the win.

The Vikings face off against the Bears. Both teams are 2-1, but neither team's QB has taken off this year. I guess I'll take the Bears at home.

The Cowboys are at the Saints. I'd be a lot happier if the Saints had a healthy Drew Brees playing in this one. Playing in the dome should help the Saints and Bridgewater's had a few games to get his feet under him. I'm taking the upset here and hoping the Saints win.

And finally, the Bengals and the Steelers fight it out for the basement in the AFC North. Both are 0-3. Neither team has a good situation at QB. I guess someone has to win. I'll take the Steelers since they're playing at home.

After this week's games we'll be one-quarter of the way through the regular season. The sixteen weeks of the NFL regular season are the fastest sixteen weeks of the year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Week Four of the 2019 NFL Regular Season!!!

@gardenman 

Kyle Allen #7. Is a kid.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman   Not sure our young birds are ready for the frozen tundra.  7 drops, 3 fumbles.......not what they are getting paid to do.  At this level, it's next man up;  if you aren't ready, you don't belong there.  Yes, the birds are missing some key players, however, ZERTZ is on the field and plays at 110% consistently.  Throw to him!!!!  In addition, the birds must stop the stupid penalties!!!!  Malcolm made a get play blocking that kick, only to negate yardage with the penalty.

Hopefully, our Eagles get back on track!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Packers defense has been good on retrieving fumbles and interceptions. If they continue that, I look forward to a win at home. However they had just a walk through yesterday; they need to take Thursday's game seriously.

Honored Contributor

These short weeks are tough on player's bodies so a walkthrough practice is more the norm for weeks when you have a Thursday night game. The good news is your team then gets ten days off to rest and recover after the game before the next game.

Kudos to Nelson Agholor by the way for the way he's handled the slam by the guy who caught the kids being thrown out the window from the house that was on fire. He's offered the guy and his family tickets to an Eagles home game. For those who missed the story, there was a house fire in Philly and neighbors rushed to the rescue. One got into the house and made it upstairs to where the kids were and threw them out the window to the guy on the ground who caught them as he said "unlike Agholor" who dropped a couple of potentially game-winning touchdowns two weeks in a row. It was the most Philly reaction possible. The guy's being interviewed while the firefighters are putting out the blaze behind him then turns to the camera and says "unlike Agholor" when describing catching the kids. That clip will play for decades in this market. It is the perfect example of being a Philly sports fan.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

Yep, the NFL is fastest season in all of sports!!!!  While others turn in to almost another "job" as their seasons are WAY TOO LONG!!!!......(MLB and NBA Im talkin to YOU, and I just HATE baseball!)

Well I was as bad with last week's picks as my team was on that MNF game.....maybe I should have one of my cats sub for me....but they are relaxing on the patio and are of no help to me right now....Cat Wink  Here goes nothing!!

Eagles VS Packers---That fireman's comment on Agholor will live in infamy---Woman LOL  Between injuries and dropped passes....Im going with State Farm's favorite spokes person---Packer QB Aaron Rodgers and also their retooled Pack defense....and Lambeau field and taking THE PACKERS!!!  

Chargers VS The Tankers...errr Dolphins....No contest--CHARGERS!  ---not a word from the NFL Commish either on this I wonder how those that bought season tickets feel???.....Woman Frustrated

Patriots VS Bills---The Bills are 3-0 and the Bill's Mafia is rejoicing....but now it's time for the big test as Tom Brady and company come to town......I just can't go against the Super Bowl Champs....taking THE PATRIOTS for the WIN!

Chiefs VS Lions---One of my cats, Figaro, came in from the patio looked at the games and is urging me to take the team with the feline mascot ,THE LIONS, BUT Im going against her wisdom, and going with Mahomes and THE CHIEFS! (sorry @redwinggal and Figaro)

Redskins VS Giants--Oh boy!  After a less than stellar performance my Redskins go up against the "wonder kid", Daniel Jones...BUT the Giants will be without their true star, RB Barkley, and that Giants D closely resembles the Redskins in their lackluster performances......The Redskins are sticking with Case (and I agree with those that say, still too early for Haskins).....basically the only positive on the Redskin side is "scary Terry".....hmmmmm....who to pick, Im taking the NY FOOTBALL GIANTS..maybe I'll jinx 'em..Woman LOL   

Browns VS Ravens---Im not impressed with the Browns and their coach's play calling....The Ravens are the better team and better coached----RAVENS WITH THE VICTORY! 

Panthers Vs Texans---QB Cam is OUT, Kyle Allen performed well in his place, but can he keep it up???....The Texans and their fiesty QB, Watson can put  points on the board, and it looks like JJ Watt is finally BACK on the prowl on defense.....Gotta go with that OTHER team from Texas....THE TEXANS! 

Titans VS Falcons---The only thing consistent about the Titans is Mariota's INCONSISTENCY!!!  (yes I borrowed that line, but its so true).....I'll go with MATTY ICE, Julio and THE FALCONS!

Raiders VS Colts---The Raiders are struggling and the Colts are playing well....gotta pick THE COLTS!

Seahawks VS Cardinals-- Lets hope Coach Carroll doesn't have another injury and windup on IR---LOL!!!  The Seahawks struggled a bit, maybe they were worried about their coach!!!  Murray continues to learn the NFL game along with his fresh from college Coach!!!  I'll go with the experience and THE SEAHAWKS!!! 

Bucs VS Rams---Another inconsistent young QB with a new coach who was brought in to right the (pirate) ship, what a heartbreaking loss last week.....Meanwhile the Rams are on a roll, and they got competition with the 49ers nipping at their heals......RAMS for the WIN!

Jaguars VS Broncos--Will Ramsey get up out of his "sick bed" and participate in the game????  (hey Jags, Redskins here---Ramsey for Norman--straight up Smiley Wink ).....With Foles injured backup QB Minshew came in and looked and played with confidence....One wonders if this will become a permanent change at QB....The Broncos with a defensive minded coach have appeared lackluster in what used to be their team's strength (hey Broncos have you been stealing Redskin's Defensive Coordinator, Manusky's playbook???)....Flacco hasn't done much either....Taking the team with the feline mascot (are you happy now my furry friend Figaro?)---JAGUARS with the WIN!!

Vikings VS Bears--A big game for the Central Division....The Vikings spent $84 mill on Capt Kirk, but have decided to change philosophies and go with more of a running game....go figure....The Viking D has come to play.....And what can you say about that ferocious Bears Defense lead by Mack!!!!  BUT the Bears also have a question at QB with Trub....sure he seemed to get on track on MNF....BUT that was against a LOUSY Redskins defense....lets see how he handles the Vikes D.......Im going with the home team and taking that Bears D to lead Chicago for the WIN!

Cowboys VS Saints---I bet Jerry wishes he had gotten Dak's contract situation taken care of earlier....now it looks like it's gonna cost him a few more bucks---LOL!!!!  The Cowboys are 3-0 and running away with the NFC East as the other teams falter behind.....The Cowboys are on a roll....Bridgewater helped the Saints get a win last week after everyone had counted them out with Brees's injury.  The game is at "The Big Easy" which helps.....Im just hoping and praying for an UPSET and going with THE SAINTS!!  Someone/anyone....Saints, PLEASE BEAT THE COWBOYS---their fans and the local sports stations have become insufferable....Woman Sad  The only thing that made them nervous was the woman in the grocery store who was wearing a Patriot jersey ....

Bengals VS Steelers---My cat Figaro INSISTS that I pick her Bengals!!!!  Okay Figaro...settle down... hoping their feline mascot will inspire them---BENGALS for the "W"!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! (except the Cowboys) Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

AB may be gone (heard he enrollect in school...wonder what his major is in....should be psychology...LOL)...

Anyway, in addition to the Ramsey saga we now have Rex Ryan vs Baker Mayfield---

In this corner Rex Ryan---who says that "Baker Mayfield is overrated as hell".....and calls him "a one read quarterback".....

And in this corner Baker Mayfield---who says "Rex Ryan isn't in coaching for a reason...."

And chipping in with his 2 cents is Brown's Coach Freddie Kitchen who says....Rex's comments are asinine and he has know idea what we are doing, he's not in our building....

STAY TUNED......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

BREAKING NEWS:

Redskin QB Case Keenum spent time in the medical room after the loss on Monday and he’s listed as a non-participant on the team’s injury report on Wednesday. A foot injury is given as the reason for his absence.  With Keenum's abscence Colt McCoy was listed as a participant for the first time this season.  Now the Redskins only held a walkthrough on Wednesday, so they may have been giving Keenum some extra time off his foot. The next two days should provide further word on any level of concern about his status for Sunday’s game against the Giants and who will start!

UPDATE:  

Now Gruden is saying Haskins is not far off.....JMHO, I think the translation is if we dont see improvement he will be in at the Dolphin game....

Honored Contributor

It's game day for the Eagles!!! A short week probably helped the team this week. It gave them a chance to move on from last week's drop-a-thon and put it behind them. Assuming any Eagle catches a pass this week, we have a decent shot at getting the win. To say the Eagles haven't played a complete game this year is an understatement. Injuries, slow starts, dropped passes, fumbles, penalties, and special teams goofs, have the Eagles at 1-2. When they've actually awakened and played football like they're capable of playing, they've been pretty much unstoppable. We just need to see that done on a more consistent basis. 

I expect to see the Eagles try to get the run game going again this week. Alshon Jeffrey is back in some form this week, so that will help the passing game. He's typically pretty sure-handed. He also attracts a lot of the coverage which should make life easier for the other receivers. 

Ronald Darby, the starting cornerback is out this week, but that may be a help rather than a hindrance. He was still recovering from last year's torn ACL and wasn't a hundred percent just yet. He was getting the start, but other teams were targeting him and he was giving up lots of catches. Sydney Jones and Rasul Douglas will be the starting corners with him out and they're both young, aggressive corners with lots of upside and both are healthy.

It should be a good game. Our defensive line is getting very, very tired of hearing that they haven't gotten many sacks yet this year. Sacking Aaron Rodgers isn't the easiest thing though, so that may continue for a bit. The Eagles are the more desperate team tonight, so we'll see if they can get the win.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Eagles over Packers - PLEASE!!!  

Chargers over Dolphins - They could challenge our 0-16 record

Bills over Pats - Going for the upset, just a feeling

LIONS over Chiefs - A gal can hope!  At least Mahomes is my FF QB

Giants over Redskins - I will go along with the jinx, @Spurt 

Ravens over Browns - Not giving up on the Browns, just not this week

Texans over Panthers - Easy win

Falcons over Titans - MM may not be the answer

Colts over Raiders - If the Raiders play up to their potential, they could win

Cardinals over Seahawks - Just feeling Kyler today

Rams over Bucs - BIG BIG WIN

Jags over Broncos - They seem to be on a roll

Bears over Vikings - Each will win their home game this season

Saints over Cowboys - All day long, til JJ is gone

Bengals over Steelers - Just for you, Figaro!!!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE'S TEAMS!!!  

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it