Honored Contributor

So the Mets have been playing well since the All Star break, they have suckered me in to believing again! I am hoping they will get a shot at a wildcard spot, not just stringing me along to break my heart in the end! I don't get though why the GM if he thought the team had a chance at the trading deadline to still be in the race would help out the Phillies (a team in their division) by trading Jason Vargas to them and getting nothing in return?

Honored Contributor

Re: Mets, Don't Break My Heart

Good luck to your Mets. The Brewers break my heart every other day!

Esteemed Contributor

i'm a red sox fan.....need i say more......i'm gonna need a heart transplant before their season is over!

Honored Contributor

Well, I guess it was too good to last, they have reverted back to what I expected of them. Oh well, pretty soon it will be football season but being a Jets fan, they’ll break my heart too!

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So the Mets have been playing well since the All Star break, they have suckered me in to believing again! I am hoping they will get a shot at a wildcard spot, not just stringing me along to break my heart in the end! I don't get though why the GM if he thought the team had a chance at the trading deadline to still be in the race would help out the Phillies (a team in their division) by trading Jason Vargas to them and getting nothing in return?

@Jordan2  - we always HAVE TO BELIEVE!!  Heart While 2019 post season wasn't in the cards- they finished up AMAZINGLY well! I was at Saturday's game with Alonso's 53rd record breaking towering home run. And Sunday's game was spectacular! I love my Mets, always will.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

Well, I guess it was too good to last, they have reverted back to what I expected of them. Oh well, pretty soon it will be football season but being a Jets fan, they’ll break my heart too!

@Jordan2  Fortunately i'm only a baseball nut- I need to rest my brain for a few months! Woman LOL I really want to go to Spring Training in March though. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2  Welll, Callaway is gone! Wow, that was fast. With some of his decisions, he really did make the difference of post season or not. We were only  3 games from being in the wild card! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Jordan2  Welll, Callaway is gone! Wow, that was fast. With some of his decisions, he really did make the difference of post season or not. We were only  3 games from being in the wild card! 

It wasn't as fast as it should have been, why keep the guy hanging for four days? I want the Mets to hire an experienced manager, not a newbie.

Honored Contributor

Read  Joe Girardi and Carlos Beltran are up on the list of replacements. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Read  Joe Girardi and Carlos Beltran are up on the list of replacements. 

Buck Showalter is thinking about applying to lead the Mets next year. I heard him say so in an discussion during the playoffs. Doubt he’ll be hired or even interviewed. He just signed a contract with YES, the Yankees network, so I don’t know why he’d be looking to manage the Mets. 

No matter who they hire, I hope it’s someone who can really bring out the best in a team of talented players. The Mets should do much better than their overall season record shows. I’m an ardent Yankee fan, but as a New Yorker, I want all our teams to do well, in every sport.