Honored Contributor

Re: Week Eight of the NFL Regular Season

[ Edited ]

Mason Foster who has been placed on IR is not happy with the Redskin's front office.....he said he's played hurt for about 3 weeks and if Scot were the GM he wouldnt have had to play hurt..........

“I have played 3 weeks with a completely torn labrum,” Foster wrote. “Lay everything on the line for someone just to have that same person slap you in the face. Business is business tho right. They don’t care about us.” “All I know is Scot wouldn’t have done me like that,” Foster wrote.

I think it has to do with the money now that he's on IR...........

His tweets seemed to be aimed at Redskin's President, Bruce Allen....Foster is one of those guys that loves football and gives his all, its a shame Allen treated him dirty and as a FA next year he will probably skiddadle.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The current Redskins' front office isn't the most adept at handling players and their issues. This coming off season will be a huge test for them. Do they let Cousins walk? Do they tag him yet again? Can they bring in competent free agents? They've got a tough schedule looming and a badly beat up team. They'll still likely end up in the middle of the pack for the draft which limits their ability to grab a really big, sure thing type player. With no real GM, who makes the calls? These next eight months or so will be interesting to watch.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I think Saquon Barkley may end up being the first overall pick in the draft next year if he stays healthy. The kid is just that dominant. The Niners or Browns will likely hold that first overall pick and the Niners might just solve their QB issue in free agency. If they do and Barkley is sitting there, the Niners could get very good on offense, very quickly. The Browns might just give up on drafting QB's since they're so bad at it. A trade for a Garoppolo might be safer for them.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

It's gameday! And a long game day at that! We start out today with a 9:30 (ET) game between the Vikings and the Browns. The Vikings should win that, but who knows. The Browns will likely win a game sometime. It's really hard to lose them all. Hue Jackson's record is now 1-22 and that's not generally good for a coach's resume. If the Browns want him to hang around as their head coach, it might help him if they actually won a game every now and then.

Next up will be the Niners at the Eagles.  Arguably one of worst teams (at least record wise) against the team with the best record. This could be a trap game for the Eagles, but the Niners are flying east for an early game which generally doesn't bode well for west coast teams. Weather will be a huge factor in this game with heavy rain and strong wind predicted. The Eagles will be trotting out Vaitai to replace Jason Peters, but I'm not expecting a huge dropoff there. Vaitai's played pretty well when given the chance. For whatever reason he's typically a slow starter on that first series, but then settles down and plays well. I expect the Eagles to take care of business today.

Next up we get the Cowboys/Redskins. This is pretty much a do or die game for the Redskins. A loss leaves them 0-3 in the division and likely four games back with just nine weeks to play. They literally picked up an offensive lineman off the street yesterday (or Friday?) along with poaching another guy off the Ravens practice squad and one of those two may be starting today, so that's not encouraging. I find it hard to figure out a way the Redskins can win this game, but the weather may help them out if it's still raining by gametime. Kirk Cousins will have to win this game by beating the Cowboys through the air. That Cowboy secondary is exploitable, but the Redskins receiver corp is ordinary also. Expect a big game from the Redskins tight ends if they're to stay competitive in this one. Vernon Davis may be a name you hear a lot.

And finally our fourth and final game today is Denver at KC. Both teams are coming off two straight losses and neither team can really afford a loss tonight. A KC loss brings them back to the pack and has the Broncos, Chargers and Raiders all nipping at their heels. A Denver loss has them three games behind the Chiefs and likley relegated to fighting for a wild card spot in the playoffs.

It should be a good, though long, day of football with something like 14 straight hours of NFL football.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Oops! The Broncos/Chiefs are the Monday night game and not the Sunday night game.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman  Ready in Chiefs Kingdom!!!  Got the Chiefs car accessories reinstalled on the new vehicle for a continuation of team spirit. Popcorn supply is high, and so are my hopes for a good game Monday night!

Honored Contributor

i am so relieved i dont have to worry today.......well, i do a little since i need a steelers loss. Smiley Wink how soon will we know if alonso will get any penalties for that hit on flacco?

london football is browns versus vikings.

early afternoon we get 49ers at eagles on fox and chargers at patriots.

late afternoon we get cowboys at redskins.

snf is steelers at lions.

mnf is broncos at chiefs

going out for some steamed crabs to watch the early games.....make them good to watch!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Browns vs Vikings

BEARS vs SAINTS

Late game of course Cowboys vs REDSKINS

SNF-

STEELERS vs LIONS

MNF-

BRONCOS vs CHIEFS

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Well, that's interesting. The Lions have confirmed that several teams have inquired about trading for the rights to Calvin Johnson, and Calvin Johnson was seen boarding a flight to Philly. I suspect Megatron is just visiting someone in the Philly area, but it's livened up the local Twitterverse. Eagle fans are a bit agog at the possibility of Megatron playing wide receiver here.

Alston Jeffery on one side, Calvin Johnson on the other, Nelson Agholor in the slot, Zach Ertz as the tight end, and a versatile back coming out of the backfield could be a nightmare for defensive coordinators.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Do I really want to watch Indy and Cincinnati? Well, if that game is out of control, I can always switch to Chicago-NO. Maybe the Colts will pull out a win, after all. 

I heard that the Patriots might be interested in Martavius Bryant. However, Tomlin has said that he is not trading Bryant, so have to see what happens. 

There is talk of some teams (not sure who) being interested in signing Vontae Davis. I didn't know he was on the trading block. With the trade deadine approaching, there might be several changes in rosters. 

Have to feel bad for Cleveland; that team just can't catch a break. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain