Respected Contributor

headed to the Series.  quite the season!

Honored Contributor

They've been knocking on the door for a few years now.   I'm not surprised.  

I told my diehard Cub fan Boss not to underestimate them a few weeks ago. I may need other employment when he comes in today.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

How cool it would be if the Yankees and Dodgers meet in another World Series!

Honored Contributor

Smiley Happy I was just going to say now its time to root for Yankee pinstripes

@Krimpette wrote:

How cool it would be if the Yankees and Dodgers meet in another World Series!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

2128411d8089a1c72a3c3caa9e2bc0d0.jpg

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Congrats to the dodgers fans!!   Well doneSmiley Happy   Though I am a red sox fan, I will be routing for you!

Super Contributor

It has been 60 years since the Dodgers left Brooklyn NY and a Yankee/Dodger series would be great.  Tonight will tell if that will happen.  I was a young girl living in Brooklyn in 1957 and remember when they left, the whole borough was sad.  They were our "bums" and many of the players at the time lived in our neighborhoods.  My husband has a baseball signed by 6 players of the Brooklyn Dodgers, that he rode his bike to their houses, rang the doorbell and asked them to sign.  It was such a simple time.  I have become a die-hard Yankee fan since and of course, hope they win tonight and meet the Dodgers again. 

Respected Contributor

@cookie16 wrote:

It has been 60 years since the Dodgers left Brooklyn NY and a Yankee/Dodger series would be great.  Tonight will tell if that will happen.  I was a young girl living in Brooklyn in 1957 and remember when they left, the whole borough was sad.  They were our "bums" and many of the players at the time lived in our neighborhoods.  My husband has a baseball signed by 6 players of the Brooklyn Dodgers, that he rode his bike to their houses, rang the doorbell and asked them to sign.  It was such a simple time.  I have become a die-hard Yankee fan since and of course, hope they win tonight and meet the Dodgers again. 

@cookie16  what a fun reminiscence!

Trusted Contributor

CONGRATS TO THOSE DODGERS....

I am a NEW YORKER,,,,,SOOOOO GO YANKEES TONIGHT .. THEY BEST WIN !

A DODGER YANKEES SERIES WOULD BE AMAZING !!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@cookie16 wrote:

@cookie16  what a fun reminiscence!

@ms traditional

Those were my days too!!!!   My father was a rabid Dodger fan and so we all were too.  There were a lot of Yankee fans in my school in those days, not that many Giant fans . . . but we had three great teams in the NY area (I lived in North Jersey).  Oh the teasing when our beloved Dodgers lost that series, I'll never forget it.  We actually cried.

We were really "bummed" (pun intended) when they left for Los Angeles.  To me, they will always be the Brooklyn Dodgers!!

My father became a Mets fan after a long mourning period.  I lost interest in baseball (or any sport until I moved to South Jersey and we all became Flyers fans).

If the Yankees win and we have a Dodgers/Yankees World Series, that will make me very melancholy. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986