Respected Contributor

Re: Baseball talk, 2021 season, all are welcome

@dmod nj Thank you very much, you are very welcoming!  🐟😎

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

Yes Carl is his grandfather. He is a very good hitter. Posey is back after not playing last year after adopting twin infant girls. Our shortstop, Donovan Solano, is also a great hitter. We are still rebuilding but I think we will do well in a tough division.

@chessylady   thanks for the reminder about Posey. I do remember now.      Fingers crossed for a good season. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@dmod nj Thank you very much, you are very welcoming!  🐟😎

Thanks for the kind words.   Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 https://nesn.com/2021/03/jackie-bradley-jr-pens-thank-you-to-red-sox-ahead-of-opening-day/

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll stake my claim as a Washington Nationals fan!  Go Nats!  My current amor is Juan Soto.

I used to go to RFK stadium to watch the Senators play.  

I particularly enjoy working in the yard with the transistor tuned to the ball game.  Charlie and Dave call a great game.  Go Nats!  (I like FP Santangelo on TV too.)

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Happy Opening Day!

Babe Ruth and the Yankees on the first Opening Day for the new Yankee Stadium, April 18, 1923.

Yankees.png

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

My co-worker is going to the Nats game tonight.  He won the lottery of the 5,000 tickets for tonight's game.  He's very excited.

The Nats are dead to me since Bryce left.

I will watch the Yankee game today and then just follow along until after the All Star break because, really, there's nothing to see until then.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I bought a few Yankee items off Etsy last night for the cabinet behind me for my zoom calls.  

6" sign

2.jpg

This is a cute bat stand

Stand.jpg

with this ball

Ball.jpg

And then because I am all about vase filler these days, I bought this for a large jar.  I'll post the finished product when I get it.

Filler.jpg

Bats.jpg

Balls.jpg

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I'll stake my claim as a Washington Nationals fan!  Go Nats!  My current amor is Juan Soto.

I used to go to RFK stadium to watch the Senators play.  

I particularly enjoy working in the yard with the transistor tuned to the ball game.  Charlie and Dave call a great game.  Go Nats!  (I like FP Santangelo on TV too.)

@Sweetbay magnolia   Hi, Smiley Happy

I enjoy listening to the games, as well. I like our radio team. It brings back memories of listening to the games while playing with my son in the yard.  He was a toddler then. He's in his late 20s now.  

Good luck to the Nats!! 

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Happy Opening Day!

Babe Ruth and the Yankees on the first Opening Day for the new Yankee Stadium, April 18, 1923.

Yankees.png

Hi @VaBelle35   thanks so much for sharing that cool photo!! 

Happy Opening Day!