Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,315
Registered: ‎10-04-2011

Baseball talk, 2021 season, all are welcome

Hi fans!  

 

Well here it is, the start of another baseball season!  

 

Let's enjoy the season together. Post about your favorite team and their season. Join in as much or little as you would like.

All are welcome. Thank you for being respectful of posters' comments regarding their teams.

Here is to a fun, competitive, injury free season and playing in the post season. *shaking hands*

 

Image result for baseball, glove and bat

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,315
Registered: ‎10-04-2011

Re: Baseball talk, 2021 season, all are welcome

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/blue-jays-yankees-2021-opening-day-preview

 

Yankettes, all the scoop on the first game! 

 

Good luck to all our teams!!   

 

Tell us, who is your team playing in their first series of the new season?  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,315
Registered: ‎10-04-2011

Re: Baseball talk, 2021 season, all are welcome

MLB New York Yankees Soft Strike Baseball : Target

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,272
Registered: ‎04-25-2020

Re: Baseball talk, 2021 season, all are welcome

@dmod nj  Really don't follow baseball much, as I am more of a football fan.  But I have been to some games.  Am a Miami Marlins fan, though, as I live in South Florida.  Back when they were the Florida Marlins, my daughter was an honorary bat girl for a game.  That is my only claim to fame with professional baseball, lol.  But I do enjoy watching it. 

 

Play Ball !!!

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,525
Registered: ‎05-01-2010

Re: Baseball talk, 2021 season, all are welcome

[ Edited ]

Big San Francisco Giants fan. First game is on the road tomorrow at the Seattle Mariners. Pre-pandemic I loved to be at the home opener on the day when all things are possible. I had to switch from Dish to Comcast to be able to keep seeing my Giants since Dish dropped local sports broadcasts. Go Giants!

Valued Contributor
Posts: 900
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Baseball talk, 2021 season, all are welcome

We are excited about our KC Royals. The "Paint the Town Blue" has everyone excited. Plus, we hope they are through "rebuilding" after a couple sad years of losing so much. The team they have now, looks rarin' and ready to go.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,315
Registered: ‎10-04-2011

Re: Baseball talk, 2021 season, all are welcome


@SloopJohnB wrote:

@dmod nj  Really don't follow baseball much, as I am more of a football fan.  But I have been to some games.  Am a Miami Marlins fan, though, as I live in South Florida.  Back when they were the Florida Marlins, my daughter was an honorary bat girl for a game.  That is my only claim to fame with professional baseball, lol.  But I do enjoy watching it. 

 

Play Ball !!!


@SloopJohnB   Hi, Smiley Happy
You have more of a claim to fame than I. LOL   How cool for your daughter to be a bat girl!  I would have loved that as a young girl. Would do it now, too. LOL  

Good luck to the Marlins.  We get a fair bit of news about the Marlins due to Jeter's  connection.

 

Good luck to your team this season.  Please join in whenever you feel like it. Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,315
Registered: ‎10-04-2011

Re: Baseball talk, 2021 season, all are welcome

[ Edited ]

@chessylady wrote:

Big San Francisco Giants fan. First game is on the road tomorrow at the Seattle Mariners. Pre-pandemic I loved to be at the home opener on the day when all things are possible. I had to switch from Dish to Comcast to be able to keep seeing my Giants since Dish dropped local sports broadcasts. Go Giants!


Hi, @chessylady   How are the Giants looking this year?  Good luck to the Giants this year! Please join in whenever you feel like it. Smiley Happy

 

I know Longoria from his days with the Rays. 

Yastrzemski, is he related to Carl of the Red Sox? 

 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,315
Registered: ‎10-04-2011

Re: Baseball talk, 2021 season, all are welcome


@nomar wrote:

We are excited about our KC Royals. The "Paint the Town Blue" has everyone excited. Plus, we hope they are through "rebuilding" after a couple sad years of losing so much. The team they have now, looks rarin' and ready to go.


Hi @nomar  Smiley Happy

 

I like that slogan, Paint the Town Blue!    Good luck to the Royals this year. Smiley Happy  Please join in whenever you feel like it. Smiley Happy 

 

I'm familiar with cutie pie, Benitendi, from his days with the Red Sox. 

 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,525
Registered: ‎05-01-2010

Re: Baseball talk, 2021 season, all are welcome

[ Edited ]

Yes Carl is his grandfather. He is a very good hitter. Posey is back after not playing last year after adopting twin infant girls. Our shortstop, Donovan Solano, is also a great hitter. We are still rebuilding but I think we will do well in a tough division.