Occasional Contributor

Re: White soles on Fall and Winter colored shoes

I Never but shoes w/ contrasting soles. To me, it just accents my size 11 feet!!😢
Honored Contributor

I think it's all part of the athleisure wear craze (which I hate.)  One step above going out in your jammies.

Honored Contributor

I have a pr of Ed boots and they are like this. I think it looks quite nice on mine, because, they are a light taupe

Trusted Contributor

I'm not a fan. I think white soles ruin the look of dark colored shoes.  I've passed on a couple of TSVs because of this.

Honored Contributor

I am not  fan of the trend of white soles on any shoes unless they are white shoes!  Just my opinion!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Trusted Contributor

I hate this trend also.  I just bought the sporto waterproof boot on HSN in gray because it had a dark heel.  The black and the tan boots had white heels.  Just can’t get into that trend.

Trusted Contributor

I don't mind the white/light colored soles on shoes. It wouldn't be my first choice but if I really like the style of the shoe itself then I'm okay with the lighter sole. I always make sure that the soles are clean because dirty white soles look terrible!