Super Contributor

Re: White soles on Fall and Winter colored shoes

I can't stand shoes with white soles except for sneakers.  

Contributor

I don't like white soles either, other than on sneakers and white or light colored shoes. I also don't like the thin white "border" between the dark shoe and dark sole I've seen in a Clarks shoe sold by QVC. It's like if they give you a dark sole for your dark shoe, then they have to slap some white on it somewhere to show dirt!

While I'm on the subject I also don't like the prominent white stitching on dark colored casual shoes like Clark's that so many of them use. It ruins the look for me. Why can't they dye the thread to match the color of the shoes?! (Rhetorical question...)

Honored Contributor

I really do not like the bright white soles on dark colored shoes, except for athletic shoes--looks so out of place to me.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't particularly like white soles on athletic shoes or even sandals. They look dirty and worn out in no time.

I like that Bzees makes a black bottom for their black knit Kitty clog. I bought mine in a size 8M at a Naturalizer outlet store but I noticed online that HSN used to sell these.

Respected Contributor

I am not a fan of white soles other than an occasional summer shoe.  I have never had luck covering a white sole with polish or shoe dye.  The polish doesn't cover and the liquid shoe dye, chips/flakes off. A shoemaker told me covering a white rubber sole is next to impossible. 

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of light colored outsoles on dark shoes---looks weird to me too--

Contributor

I totally agree! Why are so many shoes being manufactured with white soles?

i am constantly trying to clean them!!

Honored Contributor

Big white soles are a trend and have been for a while. They'll be moving on out sooner or later. I don't think that look will develop into a classic style...though I have seen it pop in and out over the years.

Esteemed Contributor

Of course now that HSN and QVC sell a lot of the same brands, QVC carries Bzees on their website. My Bzees Kitty black clogs are similar to these:

https://www.qvc.com/BZees-Slip-On-Mule-Clogs---Kitty.product.A426536.html?sc=NAVLIST

A426536

Honored Contributor

I have black leather sneakers with the thick white soles and I wear those all winter.