Esteemed Contributor

Re: Standing in the tub to take a shower....

@SilleeMee 

Thanks for starting this thread. I am going to have foot and ankle surgery on my left Achilles tendon later on this spring so I need to make my tub and showers slip proof as I won't be able to weight on my left foot for at least 6 weeks and I will be wearing a tall fracture boot for at least. 12 weeks after surgery.

I started losing the fat pads around my heel about 6 years ago so that I could not keep a lot of dress shoes on my feet.

Respected Contributor

Oofos- They are soooo super cushiony. Look for sales. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I was at Costco this morning and they have these slides.  In my warehouse they were clearanced out for $4.00!  I bought a pair to wear outside when I water plants.  I see they are available online for $11.99.  You do not have to have a membership to order online from Costco for these.  They are described on the box as shower shoes and I think they are cushy.  Just wanted to mention them to you!

IMG_1692.jpeg

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

Wear a pair of water shoes.

Regular Contributor

So glad to hear of so many gals who have lost  the fat pads in their feet. Count me among the suffering.  I cannot stand on a bath mat, hurts too much.  I use no mat at all.  I guess when the time comes I will use a shower seat.  Ugh, don't want to go there.  

If the fat pads were my only issue.  I have a tailor's bunion with a callous that sits right on a nerve.  Ouch!  I currently have two ingrown toenails which am dealing with on my own.  They started with a pedicure.  I was fine until about two weeks ago went to the podiatrist for maintainence, he trimmed the nails and now they are ingrown.  I have neuropathies in my feet which cause pain, cramping and itching.  Driving while you have intense itching on the sole of your foot can be maddening.

All I can say is old age is not easy at all.  But, none of those problems are life threatening so I will just have to push on.