Respected Contributor

Re: Standing in the tub to take a shower....

These are by Birkenstock and seem to be highly rated.  

Arizona EVA

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Check out the cushionaire pilllow slides on amazon,i have them to wear around the house in the summer.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

CUSHIONAIRE Women's Feather cloud recovery slide sandals with +Comfort

@SilleeMee have you tried something like this?  The soles are very soft.  I literally sink into mine.  They are all over molded so would be easy to air dry.

If you look on Amazon and type in:  Cushionaire Women's Feather Cloud Recovery Slide Sandals with +Comfort, you can check them out. You can find in other brands and many colors.  Good luck! 

Trusted Contributor

@Sunshine KateYes,  I  was just going to suggest a recovery slide also.

@SilleeMee  These get really good reviews on Amazon. I don't own these but have had recovery slides in the past that were really comfy.

*Another suggestion.... convert to long luxurious bubble baths instead of showers. haha, that would be my vote! I hope you can find some relief!

image.png

OOFOS OOahh Slide - Lightweight Recovery Footwear - Reduces Stress on Feet, Joints & Back 

image.png

OOFOS OOriginal Sandal - Lightweight Recovery Footwear - Reduces Stress on Feet, Joints & Back

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

Thanks so much! I appreciate all of the recs here. It gives me something to think about. 

It's like the fat pads went away overnight. I know they didn't but now the problem is a real struggle. I thought only old ladies got this problem...Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Thanks so much! I appreciate all of the recs here. It gives me something to think about. 

It's like the fat pads went away overnight. I know they didn't but now the problem is a real struggle. I thought only old ladies got this problem...Woman Wink

@SilleeMee 

That must be so frustrating and I'm right there with you when it seems like some aging takes place overnight.

Just wondering as I know you are too what do you think has caused the loss of fat?

Hey maybe if you can figure it out we can apply the principle to others areas like stomach fat lol.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 

For me it's a double whammy...aging plus I have scleroderma and that causes more fat loss in the skin leaving behind hard skin, as the name implies. 

Trusted Contributor

@Q-Checker wrote:

I use a sturdy shower chair bought from Amazon, as mentioned by others. What I did not see mentioned were grab bars -- I think that they are  a great safety precaution if you do not already have them. Mine are installed on two of the shower walls, a long diagonal one on the side wall  a horizontal one on the wall with the shower head and also a vertical one on that wall to prevent slipping on exit. :This may be overkill, but I feel safe! 

@Q-Checker  Agree. Grab bars are a must.  I'm interested in this thread because I have peripheral neuropathy in my feet.  I use the grab bars practically the whole time I'm showering.  I don't want to sit in the shower.  I've been looking for flip-flops or some kind of water shoes.  I haven't found any I like, and the ones I do like are sold out.  I keep looking.  

Esteemed Contributor

For me the most important things would be an anti slip sole and a shoe that could not slip off.

Stepping into and out of the tub is a delicate act.

Best of luck in your search.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another vote for a shower seat---I still have mine in my shower from when I broke my ankle---the dang ankle still hurts,  so its there for me when i need it!! Mine is a stool but there are chairs too. Get one!!! With my luck, I would trip on a cushy bath  mat.