Respected Contributor
On 7/3/2014 chrystaltree said:

Actually, it's shouldn't be okay to use a bag for a day or two and then return it because you just changed your mind or you realized you couldn't really afford the bag. Yet people do it. Contrary to what people think, those bags can only be sold as "as is", meaning used bags. Having said that, QVC's return policy not only allows it but encourages shoppers to wear a skirt for a month, wash it three times and then return it. So it is perfectly okay to "rent" QVC merchandise. QVC isn't losing any money on the deal, the cost of returned merchandise has been factored into the price of each item. I've been with QVC for 30 years and I am in no danger of ever receiving "the letter". I have never returned an item just because I changed my mind it, I have never bought something just see what it looks like, I have never bought an item in three different sizes so I can try them all on and keep the one that fits, I have never bought a dress to wear to an occasion and then returned it to QVC, I never got excited and carried away on Fashion Day and shopped till I dropped, knowing full well that I was going to return half of what I bought. I don't do things like that because while it's acceptable to QVC; to me, it's still morally wrong. It just doesn't feel right. I have returned things that didn't fit or were defective. I once returned a jacket because the warm fall "pumpkin" color was actually a bright screaming glow in the dark orange. I buy a lot if stuff, I make at least 2 purchases a week. I probably return 3 or 4 things a year.

I have never returned a bag for the reason above but I think that sometimes you don't know until you know. If I pay $300 for a bag and once loaded and carried, it does not sit on the shoulder and I am constantly pulling it up to make it stay put, that is a good reason to return.

I would have taken it back to a retail store for the same issue. I think there needs to be some flexibility.

Deb

Super Contributor
Thanks for the helpful comments. You should pass them on to customer service and see if you can influence their return policies. I think it is fascinating that anyone would object to a bag being returned in better condition than it was received. I find it interesting-that people scratch the leather on bags with their fingernails to see if it will scratch, or carry bags unto the handles crack, but it is really between them and QVC. I always wondered if people damage bags so they can buy them at half price on As Is. The bags I return are usually packed better and look better when I send them back. I always hope the person receiving them will appreciate my efforts gave them a nicer bag than I got.
Super Contributor
Agree 100%. It is one of the reasons I spend thousands every year at the Q and have made only 2 purchases from HSN over the last 20 years. If you return an item 1 day late, they'll ship it back, and in general they have horrible,policies, while QVC is so much more flexible.
On 7/3/2014 krissie622 said:

QVC has a 30 unconditional return policy. As part of their sales pitch they encourage buyers to eat, wear, use whatever for the full 30 days, and if they aren't happy, to send it back for a refund. It doesn't matter what anyone here thinks of it, and it's not our business what someone does with something in those 30 days.

Clearly this works well for QVC's business model, as they make quit a bit, and a much higher percentage of profit than other retailers. Several threads on these boards have linked to documents and data that prove that.

To think that if people did not return purchases as described above that QVC would lower their prices is a stretch.

The point being, the policy exists, it's for everyone to use, if you abuse it they eventually stop selling to you, and spending time criticizing how people use it is pointless, and again, not anyone else's business.

Super Contributor
Yes, Krissie, they even say you can send an empty bottle,of cosmetics at the end of,the month. Why do people work,themselves up,when we enjoy the return policy?
On 7/3/2014 krissie622 said:

QVC has a 30 unconditional return policy. As part of their sales pitch they encourage buyers to eat, wear, use whatever for the full 30 days, and if they aren't happy, to send it back for a refund. It doesn't matter what anyone here thinks of it, and it's not our business what someone does with something in those 30 days.

Clearly this works well for QVC's business model, as they make quit a bit, and a much higher percentage of profit than other retailers. Several threads on these boards have linked to documents and data that prove that.

To think that if people did not return purchases as described above that QVC would lower their prices is a stretch.

The point being, the policy exists, it's for everyone to use, if you abuse it they eventually stop selling to you, and spending time criticizing how people use it is pointless, and again, not anyone else's business.

Super Contributor
They do it because QVC encourages it. I am grateful so,e of the ladies,here aren't running the channel! The people who are rip unending QVC are experienced business people and sales people, and making big bucks.
On 7/3/2014 chrystaltree said:

Actually, it's shouldn't be okay to use a bag for a day or two and then return it because you just changed your mind or you realized you couldn't really afford the bag. Yet people do it. Contrary to what people think, those bags can only be sold as "as is", meaning used bags. Having said that, QVC's return policy not only allows it but encourages shoppers to wear a skirt for a month, wash it three times and then return it. So it is perfectly okay to "rent" QVC merchandise. QVC isn't losing any money on the deal, the cost of returned merchandise has been factored into the price of each item. I've been with QVC for 30 years and I am in no danger of ever receiving "the letter". I have never returned an item just because I changed my mind it, I have never bought something just see what it looks like, I have never bought an item in three different sizes so I can try them all on and keep the one that fits, I have never bought a dress to wear to an occasion and then returned it to QVC, I never got excited and carried away on Fashion Day and shopped till I dropped, knowing full well that I was going to return half of what I bought. I don't do things like that because while it's acceptable to QVC; to me, it's still morally wrong. It just doesn't feel right. I have returned things that didn't fit or were defective. I once returned a jacket because the warm fall "pumpkin" color was actually a bright screaming glow in the dark orange. I buy a lot if stuff, I make at least 2 purchases a week. I probably return 3 or 4 things a year.

Super Contributor
You should both get big gold stars, but that is not what QVCs return policy requires....oh, and they are the ones selling the products.
On 7/3/2014 faeriemoon said:
On 7/3/2014 brii said:

I wouldn't return a handbag that I altered in any way.

I pretty much know right away if I'm keeping something or sending it back.

Me too. Unless something becomes defective within the 30 days, I usually make an instant decision.
Super Contributor
But if you make an instant decision to send it back, how,do you know if it is defective after 30 days. Oh, who cares....the only opinion that really matters is QVCs and they are flexible. I'd rather spend more and have the generous return policy. I ONLY SHOP at stores who have this kind of policy. If they hassle,me at all, I don't go back. In fact, when I was talking to the rep at Saxe 5th Avenue about the Gucci bag I bought, I asked her right up,front if I could return the bag if I didn't like the color. Because she said yes, I bought a $2,000 bag.
On 7/3/2014 brii said:

Me too. Unless something becomes defective within the 30 days, I usually make an instant decision.
Honored Contributor
On 7/3/2014 Nikalette said: Thanks for the helpful comments. You should pass them on to customer service and see if you can influence their return policies. I think it is fascinating that anyone would object to a bag being returned in better condition than it was received. I find it interesting-that people scratch the leather on bags with their fingernails to see if it will scratch, or carry bags unto the handles crack, but it is really between them and QVC. I always wondered if people damage bags so they can buy them at half price on As Is. The bags I return are usually packed better and look better when I send them back. I always hope the person receiving them will appreciate my efforts gave them a nicer bag than I got.

How exactly do you make a bag look better than the original wrapping?

Honored Contributor
On 7/3/2014 Nikalette said:But if you make an instant decision to send it back, how,do you know if it is defective after 30 days. Oh, who cares....the only opinion that really matters is QVCs and they are flexible. I'd rather spend more and have the generous return policy. I ONLY SHOP at stores who have this kind of policy. If they hassle,me at all, I don't go back. In fact, when I was talking to the rep at Saxe 5th Avenue about the Gucci bag I bought, I asked her right up,front if I could return the bag if I didn't like the color. Because she said yes, I bought a $2,000 bag.
On 7/3/2014 brii said:

How can you not know if you like the color when you're standing there looking at it in the store?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor
On 7/3/2014 jaxs mom said:
On 7/3/2014 Nikalette said:But if you make an instant decision to send it back, how,do you know if it is defective after 30 days. Oh, who cares....the only opinion that really matters is QVCs and they are flexible. I'd rather spend more and have the generous return policy. I ONLY SHOP at stores who have this kind of policy. If they hassle,me at all, I don't go back. In fact, when I was talking to the rep at Saxe 5th Avenue about the Gucci bag I bought, I asked her right up,front if I could return the bag if I didn't like the color. Because she said yes, I bought a $2,000 bag.
On 7/3/2014 brii said:

How can you not know if you like the color when you're standing there looking at it in the store?

Because sometimes people change their minds once they bring it home, and may want to exchange it for another color or return it entirely. I had a similar situation when I purchased the Gucci Soho Medium Shoulder Bag in a Cognac color, but upon coming home I realized that I should have purchased the one in Black as it goes with many of my outfits. Now granted I have other black handbags, but the Gucci Soho in Black has quickly become my favorite black handbag. Because it is an expensive handbag, I ended up selling a few of my lesser expensive bags to purchase the Gucci and I'm happy I did.