Contributor

Just ordered Roma 2 in black. Perfect except for strong chemical odor. What is it? I have had the bag hanging outside for three days, and it still has a strong odor. Anyone had luck getting rid of it? I cannot even keep it in the house let alone wear it yet. May have to return. Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

I sent my Roma 2 blush back over the weekend because of the smell. When I first received it and opened the package, the first thing I noticed was the smell - and NOT the smell of leather (I've purchased D&B and Isaac bags in the past and each time I've opened those packages, the wonderful smell of leather was evident). I couldn't pinpoint what the Roma smell was, but it didn't dissipate, even after leaving it out for over a week. I really liked the bag. It was a little big, but I knew that when I purchased it and knew I would get used to it. The smell, however, was definitely something I couldn't live with.

Contributor

I have the black and it does not have a chemical odor to it. I've noticed a few posters on another thread saying their bag smelled bad, so I had my husband, son, and daughter all smell mine to make sure it wasn't just my nose not picking up on it. They all agreed that the smell was that of leather, and not anything chemical-like. It's funny how some bags have the odor, and others don't.

Valued Contributor

I have the Lizard and love it except for the odor....had it outside for a week...still odor. Called CS yesterday....I am sending it back. Just more odor than I can handle. The CS ladywas very nice.

Honored Contributor

I posted a week or so ago about this as no one else had mentioned an odor. In fact, in my thread, I was the only one with the issue.

Not any more.

I placed my Snake and it's dustbag outside from sunrise to sunset for a few days. That helped dramatically. It's definitely a chemical order on the line as what is sprayed on lawns to kill weeds. I say this because it triggered my asthma, made my eyes water and my mouth feel numb.... just like commercial week killer does that companies spray on lawns.

As of now, no issues.

Respected Contributor

I like the Blush bag very much, but it had a very strong "chemical" smell when I received it. In fact, I had to move it to another room, because of the strong smell and because it gave me a headache. Since then, the smell has dissipated, but it's still there somewhat.

I have the box and packing material, including the dust cover. All those have the same chemical smell.

I have a lot of allergies also, and I was wondering if my blocked sinuses and blocked ears are from the purse or from the trees, etc., outside.

Super Contributor

I have the blush and it has no smell unless I put my nose right on it, and it's a lovely leather smell. The dust cover and box had no smell either, and I have read that the "odor" bags smelled the minute the box was opened. My bag is soft and gorgeous, and I am sorry for those who got icky bags. {#emotions_dlg.bored} Curious as to why some are stinky and some are fine in the same color.

Frequent Contributor

My black bag has an ""odor"". It has been hanging in my room for over a week and it still has that odor. The stuffing and dustbag have the same odor. I think it's sad to have to send a bag back solely because it has some funky odor.

Contributor
Appreciate all the replies!. QVC needs to determine what chemical is sprayed on this bag that could be toxic to people and pets. We have autoimmune disorders in our house, and I'm not going to take a chance on toxicity just for a handbag. It's Made in China, and they have had problems with other products coming from that region. May try to switch it out for a different one.
Respected Contributor
I am so sorry that some of you have had this problem. My nat ostrich has no chemical smell and is beautiful. It is sad that your experience is ruined by the smell. That seems to be an on-going problem with products from China. I have noted a strong smell with some shoes (expensive) that are Chinese manufactured. Very scary.
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.