Frequent Contributor

I received my new black Roma 2 today.

It's obviously a return, but it was packaged very nicely.

And . . . I'm HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY to say that it does not have a chemical odor. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I could tell as soon as I opened the box. There is a slight odor (not sure what it is) in the interior so I'm airing out the lining. The leather is also much softer than the black Roma 2 I returned, but stands up very nicely with a purse organizer.

Because of the thickness of the leather, this bag (especially in black) feels more like a fall/winter bag to me. For those ladies who purchased the lighter colors, does it feel like a summer bag even with the substantial leather?

Contributor
The odor of my black roma dissipated quite a bit but I still detect a chemical smell when I carry it...and its more obvious when it heats up. NOT good in Phoenix weather. So..it's going back. Smiley Sad
Frequent Contributor

Dublin - the black roma I returned was the same way. I was trying to air it out and a couple of days later it got hot outside - the smell got worse. I think I will turn my AC off to see if the one I have now will exhibit the chemical odor.

Honored Contributor

There are many items from QVC and a few from HSN that have a strong chemical smell.

It used to be jeans, now it's many things, not just jeans, not just clothes!!!

Frequent Contributor

The question is why - what the heck is it (it can't be good for you)? I don't smell that on handbags or clothes at B&M stores.

Super Contributor
On 6/16/2014 nowpurple said:

I received my new black Roma 2 today.

It's obviously a return, but it was packaged very nicely.

And . . . I'm HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY to say that it does not have a chemical odor. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I could tell as soon as I opened the box. There is a slight odor (not sure what it is) in the interior so I'm airing out the lining. The leather is also much softer than the black Roma 2 I returned, but stands up very nicely with a purse organizer.

Because of the thickness of the leather, this bag (especially in black) feels more like a fall/winter bag to me. For those ladies who purchased the lighter colors, does it feel like a summer bag even with the substantial leather?

I didn't read this before I replied to you on another thread. So glad you got a good one! So which one will be next? Smiley Wink
Super Contributor
On 6/17/2014 nowpurple said:

The question is why - what the heck is it (it can't be good for you)? I don't smell that on handbags or clothes at B&M stores.

Perhaps with QVC, it's packaged as soon as it's finished and shipped here, then sits in a warehouse until we get it and open it, so the smell has time to build. With B & M stores the merchandise has been out and "breathing" for awhile, so any smell can dissipate.
Valued Contributor
Mine was fine in every way but my suggestion is that you place a Bounce or dryer sheet in the bag for several days close up the bag with the snap. It should absorb the odor, if not, then send it back. Good luck.
Contributor
Sent black bag back today and requested an exchange. Will try it one more time. That's two bags returned for the same reason. It is annoying that QVC customer service acts as if I'm the first person to alert them about the odor.
Contributor
When your husband steps away from you and says, that bag stinks, it's time to send it back. It was hanging outside for 2 weeks!