Valued Contributor

Since many of you have the black one, can you tell me if the leather is the same on all of them? Is it pebbled or smooth? (like florentine)

Super Contributor

I received the black and espresso lizard today, already had the blush. None of them have any odor unless you put your nose right on the leather, and then it smells like leather. When I first opened the plastic on the black, it smelled like vinyl, but that quickly went away once it was unwrapped.

My black and blush are both very soft and pliable, evenly matched leather throughout. It's not as smooth as the smoothest Florentine, but it's not pebbled, or if it is pebbled, its very subtly and softly pebbled, not like a Dooney or Oryany.

I got lucky on these three bags. I really want the snake, but I wonder if that's tempting fate....

I feel so bad for those of you with bad bags, because when they are good, they are really nice bags.

AGV, I notice the lining isn't tacked down and can mostly be pulled inside out. I wonder if you could very carefully wash it to get rid of the odor, or soak it in white vinegar and water or something.

Super Contributor
On 6/4/2014 nowpurple said:

I have the same problem with my black one. The odor does not go away. I ordered the expresso lizard and it came today. It is a very nice bag but I love the black.

Unfortunately I will be returning the black - not sure about the expresso lizard yet. Debating whether to order another black (or 2) to see if one will be odor free.

It's so disappointing - this should not be happening.

I love the espresso too, and will be keeping it, but the black Roma is so perfect, so sleek and simple and chic, that I would probably do what you're contemplating to get a good one. I agree, this should NOT be happening. CS should give some sort of discount to people who are having to go round and round to get a good bag.

Frequent Contributor

Well . . . I ordered another black. I hope it doesn't stink. Keep your fingers crossed.

Respected Contributor

I feel bad for all you Ladies. Everyone was so excited for his new Handbag. You finally get it, and you have to try and air it out, or have to return it due to the horrible smell that just won't away. Hoping for all of you that had to return, and are going for an exchange, that you get a perfect bag.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Trusted Contributor

I am happy to report that the chemical odor is now gone! I put my black Roma 2 on a doorknob in a back room for nine days (see my earlier post in this thread). It now smells wonderful -- like leather! -- with a hint inside of the ""Warm Vanilla Sugar."" I am so very pleased. What a gorgeous handbag.

P.S. I'm now eyeing the ivory ostrich.

Super Contributor
On 6/13/2014 MsLomo said:

I am happy to report that the chemical odor is now gone! I put my black Roma 2 on a doorknob in a back room for nine days (see my earlier post in this thread). It now smells wonderful -- like leather! -- with a hint inside of the "Warm Vanilla Sugar." I am so very pleased. What a gorgeous handbag.

P.S. I'm now eyeing the ivory ostrich.

MsLomo, glad to hear the odor is gone and that you are happy with your Black Roma! I just received the Ivory Ostrich Roma and she is GORGEOUS. She was perfectly packaged and smells wonderful. A definite keeper.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, rdiaz. I just posted a thank-you on the other thread for the beautiful pic you posted of the ivory ostrich!

Regular Contributor

I got the blush on the recent TSV and it just smells like leather-not strong, no chemical smell. Sorry some of you have experienced this. It's a beautiful bag and color. I've only taken it out twice, but have received compliments both times.

Respected Contributor

I was going to return the Blush bag because of the strong odor. However, it only smells of leather now, so I'm keeping the bag. I like it very much, and I've had many compliments whenever I've worn it. I didn't wear the bag until I was sure the odor had dissipated.