Contributor
Received the natural ostrich today. No odor whatsoever! It also is actually not as stiff as I thought it would be. Maybe a keeper. Going to keep it for a few weeks to see how it holds up. There is some bleeding from dye in spots....I don't think anyone but me would notice it.
Super Contributor
The Keith Urban Guitars I got from HSN smelled horrible. I sent mine back, but kept my daughter's. The smell went away really fast.
On 6/17/2014 annabellethecat said:

There are many items from QVC and a few from HSN that have a strong chemical smell.

It used to be jeans, now it's many things, not just jeans, not just clothes!!!

Honored Contributor
On 6/17/2014 krissie622 said:
On 6/17/2014 nowpurple said:

The question is why - what the heck is it (it can't be good for you)? I don't smell that on handbags or clothes at B&M stores.

Perhaps with QVC, it's packaged as soon as it's finished and shipped here, then sits in a warehouse until we get it and open it, so the smell has time to build. With B & M stores the merchandise has been out and "breathing" for awhile, so any smell can dissipate.

I bet you are right!

Imagine having the job of opening all the boxes filled with stinky bags!

Valued Contributor
Well, that is just awful. My ivory came perfect in every way but I ordered the black and when it arrives and has a smell, I will place a Bounce sheet or two in it to absorb the odor. If that doesn't work, it will go back as defective.
Super Contributor
I have had mine for about 10 days, conditioned it several times, sealed it, put perfume infused paper towels in it, and there is still an odor, although it is much better. The bag is so pretty in black I don't know what to do. It does require action though, I don't think it will dissipate without intervention.
Valued Contributor
I have the ivory and it is perfect and I have been wearing it since I got it, 6 weeks maybe? Anyway, I ordered the black, it came today, perfectly packaged just like my ivory. No small at all except for the great leather. It is such a classic bag in the black. I moved in today and will alternate carrying depending on what I wear. My Dooneys are getting lonely, but, they cannot hold a candle to the Roma 2 in my opinion. It's just what I've been looking for Smiley Happy
Contributor
My replacement black bag also had a chemical odor....not as noxious as the first one, but sent it back. Who wants to carry a bag that has an odor and also take the chance that it could be toxic. I am done!