Honored Contributor

I bought a pair of Earth shoes and they fit perfectly.  Then I decided to try a couple more different pairs.  One I could not get my foot into and the other was too narrow but the foot did go in.  I am reading reviews and there are several claiming that the shoe is running wide and size down (I don't think so).  The other shoe was so narrow my foot would not go in and thesame reviews stating that they are too wide.  That is why I question if some rviews are really authentic.  A lot of the times shoes go on sale because the inventory is so low or they go on sale because they are defective to begin with.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Questioning Shoe Reviews

If you read many reviews, you'll find typically one person will say something runs small and the next will say it runs large.  I think many people do not have an accurate idea of the size they wear or perhaps their ordering is based on wishful thinking. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I always read reviews before buying. I do not put much weight when the review states that they were asked ( paid?) to write the review. Many of the items with very low prices have terrible reviews. As always, let the buyer beware.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought  Item number A392475

Vionic Mesh Lace Up Sneakers - Jojo

back in January 2021 when it was a TSV. After customers received theirs, the reviews were awful. I waited to get mine thinking that the reviews were off somehow. Nope, the shoes were actually awful. It mystifies me how QVC can put a product out there, especially as a TSV, that is so universally poorly reviewed. I sent mine back and vowed to never buy shoes online again. For me personally, I need to try a shoe on before purchasing.  The item number shows that the item is now sold out. But the reality is that it was pulled because the reviews were so bad and there were so many returns. For some reason, the item number will not appear even though I have provided it in my response.

Respected Contributor

@Deb213 There are so many people who love Vionic shoes. I hope the company was not using QVC to get rid of shoes they knew to be lemons. The quality at QVC has gone down. The only way to correct that is to return unsatisfactory items even if it is a hassle.

Honored Contributor

Reviews may be accurate based on what they received.

If you ordered the same size and brand and finding inconsistent sizing, there's the answer.  Lack of quality control during the manufacturing process. 

I have a narrow foot, but on occasion I can find a medium that runs narrow.  For example, Frye boots in medium, length OK, were so narrow, they squeezed my narrow feet so much and were so painful, I had to immediately take them off.

A reviewer, also wearing a narrow width, said the same style she received was much too wide and flopped around on her foot.  

Frye makes its shoes in China; however, a few styles are made in the United States. Where do you think those I purchased were made?

Honored Contributor

@Deb213 wrote:

I bought  Item number A392475

Vionic Mesh Lace Up Sneakers - Jojo

back in January 2021 when it was a TSV. After customers received theirs, the reviews were awful. I waited to get mine thinking that the reviews were off somehow. Nope, the shoes were actually awful. It mystifies me how QVC can put a product out there, especially as a TSV, that is so universally poorly reviewed. I sent mine back and vowed to never buy shoes online again. For me personally, I need to try a shoe on before purchasing.  The item number shows that the item is now sold out. But the reality is that it was pulled because the reviews were so bad and there were so many returns. For some reason, the item number will not appear even though I have provided it in my response.

@Deb213   Sadly, QVC has on occasion taken to using the TSV as a dumping ground for inferior products, especially shoes.  I remember one Clark's shoe most of the reviewers couldn't even get on their feet.  It too disappeared and reappeared several months later on Zulily.  I don't buy shoe TSVs. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624    I disagree with you.  A woman should know what size she wears.  I use to wear a medium width when I was younger but now I wear a wide width.  I sometimes think about the country the shoes are made in.  Asian people on the whole are much smaller in height, body and feet.  A few years ago I purchased Clarks shoes and they always fit 10W.  Then, for some reason, it ended up being touch and go and I believe Clarks changed the country where their shoes were made.  Younger women made pretend to be a different size but mature women want comfort not blisters!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Feet are like fingerprints........and everyone has a different opinion of "what fits and what is comfortable"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

@Deb213 There are so many people who love Vionic shoes. I hope the company was not using QVC to get rid of shoes they knew to be lemons. The quality at QVC has gone down. The only way to correct that is to return unsatisfactory items even if it is a hassle.

I agree - it is sad because I own several pairs of Vionic sandals and love them. I trusted the brand, but no more.