Respected Contributor

Re: Questioning Shoe Reviews

For a while I had good luck buying shoes on QVC but then they hit a period (several years ago) where the sizing was just not consistent so I stopped buying. I tried again at some point and things were better but now it seems that the problems with sizing and/or quality have begun again.

I ordered the recent Vionic slide sandal and it was a complete failure for me. I returned it and cancelled the one that was on backorder. Not only was it extraordinarily (IMO) ugly, someone had added a piece of elastic under the straps so when you adjusted them, it bunched up and hurt. 

I ordered two pairs of sandals from Clark and they also had sizing issues so they were returned.

I agree that I think that QVC is being used as a dumping ground for some shoes so at this point, I'm declaring a pause on buying any more shoes from them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe    Sorry.   My bad - my mistake.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG    You are so spot on.   some reviews are just crazy. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Deb213 wrote:

I bought  Item number A392475

Vionic Mesh Lace Up Sneakers - Jojo

back in January 2021 when it was a TSV. After customers received theirs, the reviews were awful. I waited to get mine thinking that the reviews were off somehow. Nope, the shoes were actually awful. It mystifies me how QVC can put a product out there, especially as a TSV, that is so universally poorly reviewed. I sent mine back and vowed to never buy shoes online again. For me personally, I need to try a shoe on before purchasing.  The item number shows that the item is now sold out. But the reality is that it was pulled because the reviews were so bad and there were so many returns. For some reason, the item number will not appear even though I have provided it in my response.

@Deb213   Sadly, QVC has on occasion taken to using the TSV as a dumping ground for inferior products, especially shoes.  I remember one Clark's shoe most of the reviewers couldn't even get on their feet.  It too disappeared and reappeared several months later on Zulily.  I don't buy shoe TSVs. 

The Clarks were a knitted flat. I was so confident in my Clark size that I ordered 3 pair. The shoes were at least a full size too small. Not just a little tight......a full size to small. I exchanged one pair for a size up and the fit was still not right so I just bailed out. I just believe they were a manufacturing mistake. I think there is NOT a good reason why a shoe is "exclusive to Q" 

Frequent Contributor

Oh Thank You for telling me that. I was suggesting for Vionic for daughter who is in medical field and on her feet all day. Said her feet were so sore. Do hard to buy on line but she's to tired to go shoe shopping when she gets home.. Anyone have ideas for flat feet and nurse walking?