Regular Contributor

Re: Questioning Shoe Reviews

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Deb213 wrote:

I bought  Item number A392475

Vionic Mesh Lace Up Sneakers - Jojo

back in January 2021 when it was a TSV. After customers received theirs, the reviews were awful. I waited to get mine thinking that the reviews were off somehow. Nope, the shoes were actually awful. It mystifies me how QVC can put a product out there, especially as a TSV, that is so universally poorly reviewed. I sent mine back and vowed to never buy shoes online again. For me personally, I need to try a shoe on before purchasing.  The item number shows that the item is now sold out. But the reality is that it was pulled because the reviews were so bad and there were so many returns. For some reason, the item number will not appear even though I have provided it in my response.

@Deb213   Sadly, QVC has on occasion taken to using the TSV as a dumping ground for inferior products, especially shoes.  I remember one Clark's shoe most of the reviewers couldn't even get on their feet.  It too disappeared and reappeared several months later on Zulily.  I don't buy shoe TSVs. 

It did seem to be a dumping ground for these Vionic sneakers. I agree with you - no more shoe TSV's for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

It seems that your experience validated the different reviews, so I would stay away from this brand.

You really have to trust the consistency of a brand to buy online.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Without seeing another person's foot, you never know how the review will apply to you.

The reviewer needs to say, "My feet seem to be a little wide, I found these to be.......".

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Deb213 wrote:

back in January 2021 when it was a TSV. After customers received theirs, the reviews were awful. I waited to get mine thinking that the reviews were off somehow. Nope, the shoes were actually awful. It mystifies me how QVC can put a product out there, especially as a TSV, that is so universally poorly reviewed. I sent mine back and vowed to never buy shoes online again. For me personally, I need to try a shoe on before purchasing.  The item number shows that the item is now sold out. But the reality is that it was pulled because the reviews were so bad and there were so many returns. For some reason, the item number will not appear even though I have provided it in my response.

@Deb213   Sadly, QVC has on occasion taken to using the TSV as a dumping ground for inferior products, especially shoes.  I remember one Clark's shoe most of the reviewers couldn't even get on their feet.  It too disappeared and reappeared several months later on Zulily.  I don't buy shoe TSVs. 

I never buy shoes on Q either. Much too personal in sizing and fit. Many times I need to try on multiple pairs of a style in my size in a store just to find one that fits best. Only online shoe shopping I do, rarely, is amazon/zappos because of free shipping both ways and instant refunds. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Kachina624    I disagree with you.  A woman should know what size she wears.  I use to wear a medium width when I was younger but now I wear a wide width.  I sometimes think about the country the shoes are made in.  Asian people on the whole are much smaller in height, body and feet.  A few years ago I purchased Clarks shoes and they always fit 10W.  Then, for some reason, it ended up being touch and go and I believe Clarks changed the country where their shoes were made.  Younger women made pretend to be a different size but mature women want comfort not blisters!

@Katcat1    Can't quite figure out in what way you're disagreeing with me.  I will say though, shoes made for the American market should be sized for American, not Asian, women. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Deb213 wrote:

Vionic's quality has gone completely downhill.  Used to be my favorite brand.  Now nothing fits.  Very narrow in the toe box.  Big at the heel. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Kachina624    I disagree with you.  A woman should know what size she wears.  I use to wear a medium width when I was younger but now I wear a wide width.  I sometimes think about the country the shoes are made in.  Asian people on the whole are much smaller in height, body and feet.  A few years ago I purchased Clarks shoes and they always fit 10W.  Then, for some reason, it ended up being touch and go and I believe Clarks changed the country where their shoes were made.  Younger women made pretend to be a different size but mature women want comfort not blisters!

I have been having problems with Clarks at well.  It used to be my favorite, now I buy Earth.  I had problems with Earth Origins but find this brand has changed for the better.  So the quality of shoes changes.  They are running bigger than before.  So it's a gamble guessing shoe sizing.  But I have found this new sizing to be consistent.  I think the change in sizing for the better in Earth Origins occurred at some point last year.  Older shoes had a smaller toe box.  Now the toe boxes are more generous.

I buy too many shoes.  Difficult feet.  Trying to save them.  My feet I mean.

Esteemed Contributor

I think across the board there is a pr0blem with consistent sizing in most brands which does make it difficult ordering shoes on line.   Before online shopping became such a mainstream thing I remember going to malls and going from shoe store to shoe store to try on shoes.  I have become so accustomed to online shopping I can't imagine spending that much time doing in store shopping.  I must admit I love getting packages in the mail and trying them at home.  There are always trade offs 

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe    I wouldn't think where the shoes are manufactured should make any difference since the shoes are manufactured to that particular company's standards.  They are just being manufactured in other countries for cost purposes.  Anything produced en made is subject to errors and mistakes.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Teddixat wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe    I wouldn't think where the shoes are manufactured should make any difference since the shoes are manufactured to that particular company's standards.  They are just being manufactured in other countries for cost purposes.  Anything produced en made is subject to errors and mistakes.

@Teddixat I don't know who you intended your response to be, but it wasn't my post.  I didn't address where the shoes are manufatured, just changes I have noticed in how shoes fit.  I know because I buy a lot of shoes, and have tried on the shoes.  Earth origins used to have smaller toe boxes, now they are bigger.  I am glad I tried them again.  I have had good results and have bought several!