Honored Contributor
On 6/26/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

stevieb: need to keep the brain sharp by calculating discount % and justifications for purchases (based on economic theory).

I understand completely...

Just keep telling yourself that...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I am enjoying a staycation this week and today, Mr. Lily said let's go to the outlet mall! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} So we did. They had several new things, including a "man table" with zippered shaving/travel/dop kits, briefcases, tote bags and large duffel bags, most in a cabriolet fabric but the zippered shaving/travel/dop kits were also in leather. Mr. Lily resisted, and so did I, as I was scoping out the store for next Thursday, July 3, when the sale begins. My friends at the outlet store told me there would be an e-mail coming out the day before, so I will post about the holiday weekend sale in this thread (if one of you hasn't done so already). It's usually an extra percent off for red, white and blue bags for the Fourth of July weekend! Smile

Respected Contributor

EdithEllen: what self control you have.

Valued Contributor

Edith, thanks for the info! I discovered DB in March of this year so I'm still learning about their sales pattern and considering driving to one of their outlet for the first time... but will definitely call them tomorrow to find out the details.

Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.lol} Self control...{#emotions_dlg.lol}

More news: I forgot to tell you that the Violet Florentine Bristol Satchel and matching Checkbook Organizer were still there AND moved to the 50% off section! I about fainted! Mr. Lily brought me to my senses, and we both realized that the color is very limited...but in person, I really like the Violet color. Well, there's always next week when I'm sneaking out there on my own! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

Here is the Fourth of July Holiday weekend sale information at the D&B outlet stores:

Extra 25%OFF shades of red, white and blue offer through July 6, 2014. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Product availability may vary by store. Not redeemable for cash in part or full. Offer not valid on previously purchased merchandise. Excludes clearance items. Offer available in D&B factory stores only.

Have fun! Smile

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info! I got the email too...and I did want a red bag....and I do LOVE blue color....HOWEVER, I am NOT suppose to buy anymore "stuff"!!!!!!!! Might call the store just to see what they will have on sale..........

Respected Contributor

Outlet sale extra 25% off Red, White, Blue handbags is in store only. The extra discount doesn't apply to items that are shipped.

Dooney boutique stores start their 50% off sale July 3. Don't know what is included yet... I'll be there tomorrow to check it out.

Valued Contributor

Yes, I know...thanks. I meant to call the store to see if it makes sense for me to drive to the outlet since it's a 1.5 hr drive each way.

Honored Contributor

I can honestly say for once I'm not tempted... No red, white nor blue bags are currently on my 'must have' list, aside from the new Samba shopper in brick and I'm not thinking that's going to be included!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...