Super Contributor

lavenderjunkie, do the outlets carry current styles, or only discontinued styles? Are they different from I Love Dooney? Asking for a friend....{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Frequent Contributor

I finally got (today) the Brahmin Lexie in Lagoon (teal) Melbourne (croco) that I pre-ordered in May - GORGEOUS!!!!

Respected Contributor
On 6/17/2014 stevieb said:

I'm still putting that list together...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Do tell, STEVIEB! The suspense is killing me!
Respected Contributor

SugarBaby: enjoy your new handbag. That color is stunning and I love the Brahmin croco.

krissie: for a friend Wink... the answer is yes, they have some current styles and colors, as well as older styles. Discounts vary, with the current items generally at less of a discount. For the very newest items, even if the outlet has them, they may not be authorized to ship them if they are still considered 'retail only'. An example of this is the Dooney Florentine Bristol in the violet color... the outlets have it, at 30% off, but they can't ship it for a phone order. You can buy it if you go to the outlet. On the other hand, some of the newer Alto leather styles are in the outlet and are at 50% off.

Your friend should call one of the outlets if there is something she is interested in. My only advice is not to call on a weekend (unless you call right when they open) because they get very busy. Other times, they are really very helpful. Remember to ask about return policies related to the specific item ordered, as the rules vary.

Strangely enough, the prices at the outlets are different than I Love Dooney and also different from the Dooney web site. Generally the prices at the outlets are the lowest, but it always pays to comparison shop.

Respected Contributor

stevieb: I find it safest to dribble out the info on the purchases. Putting the entire list in print is very scary. {#emotions_dlg.scared} It reminds me how many handbags I actually bought in such a short period of time. After not buying a handbag from Jan thru mid May, I have more than made up for lost time. And I'm sure I will find a few more handbags that I must have when the sales begin in July. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Super Contributor
Thank you, lavenderjunkie, I will pass that info along to my friend. ;-)
Super Contributor
On 6/17/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

krissie: I understand wanting a bag you love in every color. I'm guilty of that. No wonder I have so many handbags. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

maryebrown: the Tmoro in Alto leather is beautiful.

Did you know that several of the outlets will ship phone orders? I've ordered from Clinton, CT, Reading, PA, and Las Vegas. I've gotten great service from all of them. Not every item can be shipped, and prices are different (less than) the Dooney web site. If there is a particular style you want, call the outlet and give them the style #. Right now a lot of the Alto handbags are half off.... not every style and not every color, but even some of the newer styles like the Medium Giovanna was half off. Shipping is $7.50 and I don't know about returns. You need to ask.

Lavender, thanks! I posted to you on the other thread yesterday, about the Clinton CT outlet. I'm looking forward to a Road Trip! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I have an Alto Baguette in natural, and a matching wallet, that I got on The Bay 6 years ago. The leather is exquisite! But, I need a larger handbag and I bought an Alto wallet in TMoro on ILD, and it "needs a home". {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Respected Contributor

maryebrown: have fun on your 'road trip' to the outlet. I'm sure there will be lots of temptations.

Honored Contributor

Hi lavenderjunkie: You are definitely making up for lost time with your beautiful new handbags! I think if you see something you love, go for it! I took stevieb's positive comments regarding the Toledo Leather Medium Mail Satchel to heart and recently received it in Purple with T'Moro trim. WOW, so cool! Mine was more of a pebble leather Toledo (versus smooth), and I was so happy because I don't think that in the pebble it will show scratches. The dark purple color is really good, if you like purple. I got it from the Q on EZpays, which helps because I don't want to blow my budget with the Fourth of July outlet store sales coming up soon! Oh my! Wink Keep us posted on your finds! Smile

Respected Contributor

EdithEllen: enjoy your new handbag. Tha purple is beautiful. I'm going to see the Toledo in the Dooney store when I go in next week. I have a feeling that I won't go home empty handed.