Honored Contributor

Hello LJ, stevieb, TK and all of the handbag lovers out there! After my help with Mom's care this morning, I rammed out to the outlet mall to check out the D&B Fourth of July sale, which is an extra 25% off of SHADES of red, white and blue through July 6, 2014. I learned that bone and ivory were considered shades of white, that there were several shades of blue, and that pink and violet (for some reason?) were considered shades of red! You guessed it! I got the violet Florentine Bristol Satchel and violet Checkbook Organizer for 50% off the price (outlet store price) and then I received the extra 25% off for the holiday sale -- $204.75 plus tax. {#emotions_dlg.tt1} Then I found a nice cranberry Dillen satchel and zip-around cranberry wallet (40% off and then 25% extra off) for my sister for Christmas. Last, I couldn't resist the Lexington Shopper in Aegean Blue (40% off plus the extra 25% off). It was definitely worth the hour drive to and from the outlet mall! Once home, I went to the Specials section of Dooney.com and found the matching Dillen Aegean Blue wallet with an extra 10% off for the Dooney.com holiday weekend sale. I also found two satchels that I had been eyeballing on Dillards.com on sale, so I ordered them in Blue and Brown (kind of similar to the former Donegal Crest on the Q). What will Mr. Lily say? {#emotions_dlg.unsure} When he gets home, I'll have some 'splainin' to do...

Valued Contributor

Edith, that sounds AMAZING!!! Smiley Happy Thanks for the update! I am sure $200 for a DB is an amazing price but at this very moment I cannot afford even that much (bought TEN bags in the last 4 months..).....gotta wait till the next sale...AND I am waiting for the Dillen Chelsea Shopper to be on sale but given they just released new colors, I will have to wait longer...I saw the white one on sale but I want a different color....*want* being an operative word ;-)

Super Contributor

I got Brahmin Copa cabana in copper and I won the LV Trivol PM I'm doing a Happy Dance !!! I don't think the Brahmin was ever used all papers with it and the LV waiting for that looks in great shape. I'll turn 65 in August so what the heck ! It will take some time to pay them off but with bill me later makes it nice no interest! Oh should say from Ebay

Respected Contributor

EdithEllen: you got some beautiful handbags and some amazing prices. I'm glad you were so successful. Congratulations and enjoy all your new things. I love the Aegean blue, I bought a zip zip in Aegean blue today at the Dooney boutique (the outlet is too far away). 50% off was good enough for me if I can save a 2 hour drive each way. They also called to tell me they were adding the Violet Bristol to the sale, so I'm going back for that one next week. My price won't be as good as yours, but it's ok. If I went to the outlet, I'd probably have bought a lot of handbags. Now I want to go to the outlet........{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor
Already posted this on Viewpoints, but here goes. All D & B handbags at the QVC Outlet stores will be $89.99 on July 8,9,10 and 22,23, and 24. 50% off all clearance. Enjoy and indulge!!!,
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

jikz: wish I lived closer to a QVC outlet.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, Handbag friends! Two hours IS far for you, LJ, and an hour and a half is also a drive for you, TK. I still can't believe I got the violet Bristol for $138 and the violet Checkbook Organizer for $66.75 = $204.75, AND I can't believe both items were still there! This was my third time going there and wanting that violet set. I guess the third time was the charm! Speaking of charm, I had all of my new handbags displayed on our living room sofa and Mr. Lily thought they were great and he liked my deals...HE'S charming!

Wonder where Bestdressed and funwun are?

Happy Fourth of July to all! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

EEL, enjoy your new treasures! They sound just wonderful!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
On 7/3/2014 stevieb said:

Thanks! BTW, I knew that some day...someone...would call me EEL...and I thought that someone would be stevieb...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Valued Contributor
On 7/3/2014 EdithEllenLily said:
On 7/3/2014 stevieb said:

Thanks! BTW, I knew that some day...someone...would call me EEL...and I thought that someone would be stevieb...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Lol, she calls me TK. I gotta start calling her SB {#emotions_dlg.lol}