Honored Contributor

HMMMM. SKETCHERS TSV LOOK LIKE CLARK TSV

Is it my imagination or do these shoes look vaguely familiar...mesh instead of leather.

I’ve had Sketchers sneakers that were ok for walking, but the mesh fabric like these shoes on flats I purchased, did not last for 3 months...tore.

Valued Contributor

Re: HMMMM. SKETCHERS TSV LOOK LIKE CLARK TSV

I just got nicer sketchers than those at Costco for $25. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think the Sketchers will fit the same way as the Clarks -  my eye tells me they have a different fit. By the way, my "shoe eye" was trained years ago when some member of my family owned more than half of all the shoe stores in 2 of the 3 towns where we shopped.

I can't use my "eye" all that often to buy for myself because my feet arre so bad that I need to shop locally, but I'm rarely surprised when I see the reviews here for various shoes.

Respected Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

Is it my imagination or do these shoes look vaguely familiar...mesh instead of leather.

I’ve had Sketchers sneakers that were ok for walking, but the mesh fabric like these shoes on flats I purchased, did not last for 3 months...tore.

That look is very common now and many brands do similar versions for spring and summer. A year or two back Vionic had a version with a lace or mesh outer layer over a contrasting color. I've seen other brands in brick and mortar stores.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The 'go walk' bottom doesn't compare to anything- they're wonderful support and cushioney! 

@Cardamom I tried them on at Costco - they ran 1/2 size small. I would have needed a 9 1/2 in the Costco version - a size they didn't carry. There were only 2 color choices as well. 

Respected Contributor

Someone else made this comment as well. To me, they don't, except in a very broad sense (they're both slip-ons). The materials are totally different, as is the cut of the vamp -- one has a more modern, athleisure look, while the other has a more classic, espadrille-inspired look. 

Esteemed Contributor

I look for shoes on sale.  I really do think QVC makes a great place to check out fashion, fashion trends.  But using the info they say or show I go on my own and find bargains online, at Costco and where ever the look is the same but the price much LOWER.  And yes the comfort and the fit is the same....

Super Contributor

They don't to me, but do look like a repeat of a very standard skechers style.

Honored Contributor

I really like the thick bright white soles. It's the hottest thing going on right now for slip-on sporty shoes like these Skechers. I just ordered the lavender ones.Woman Happy I own several of the older version GoWalks slip-ons and although for me they are not made for serious walking, I find them to be a great shoe for running around in my casual attire.

Valued Contributor

@Ibby114wrote:

The 'go walk' bottom doesn't compare to anything- they're wonderful support and cushioney! 

@Cardamom I tried them on at Costco - they ran 1/2 size small. I would have needed a 9 1/2 in the Costco version - a size they didn't carry. There were only 2 color choices as well. 

That's true!