Respected Contributor

Re: Comfortable AND chic shoes for a wedding

I have all kinds of shoes - love J Renee etc.

Aerosoles also makes dressy shoes and I have always found them to be more comfortable than most.

I appreciate some arch support and especially love soft leather.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Honored Contributor

I'd buy some jeweled or metallic HOUSESLIPPERS

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

you can go to 6pm or zappo and find the Donald Pliner and Stuart Weitzman shoes that are beautiful and comfortable if you do not have a local store which sells them.  For me, these are the most comfortable shoes for a long day or evening for a semi or formal affair.  I have very bad feet and I like a finished look from head to toe, and those are my favorite brands.  JRenee has very cute and some beautiful shoes but I am never comfortable in them for long periods of time.

One poster suggested bejeweled bedroom shoes.  If you should choose to slip into a flat after a long time of wearing heels, may I suggest something I purchased this week.  I was browsing for heels (which I don't need, just like very much) in Belk.  

They have Nanette Lapore slippers in beautiful, bejeweled, black velvet and also a leopard slipper of hair-calf just like the grown-up heels. 

Either would be suitable for an occasion for someone who wished to wear flats or who wanted to slip into flats. I got both the black bejweled and the leopard hair-calf since I have occasion to wear both during the upcoming holidays with several events that I will be attending whereby I might get tired of heels after a while or for one occasion, I might just opt for the slippers. 

Belk had a great sale going this week for their charge customers and I keep my credit card just for that purpose.  It's worth it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KathyPet wrote:

I have two pairs of J Renee with the low block heel that are metallic and I find them extremely comfortable.  You did say you wanted chic.  SOme people's idea of chic amazes me.  I am 69 and wouldn't be caught dead in some of the shoes pictured here.  TAlk about orthopedic looking!

@KathyPet

Dare I say, I was thinking the same thing.  4" heels they were not.

Respected Contributor

This is a little off topic but I went to a wedding in September and at the reception, the bride gave each female guest a pair of "rescue flats". They are a pair of metallic gold ballerina slippers which came folded in their own little pouch. They are so cute and all the ladies minus their stilettos danced the night away! I thought it was a great idea and you can take them with you to other weddings too!Smiley Very Happy

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

One thing that I learned years ago ... don't wear new shoes if you are going to be on your feet a good portion of the time!

I used to have a pair of black patent pumps from Easy Spirit ... medium hgh heel.  They were my go-to "event"  shoes and went with all my "little black dresses" that I wore to all sorts of functions.

I wore those shoes for years ... all over the world!  Now - my go-to are a pair of black patent low heel shoes ... serving the same purpose.

Honored Contributor

Satin kitten-heel Mary Janes such as these, in the color of your choice, of course.

The straps will keep them securely on your feet while dancing. And even though the heels are low, they give a dressy appearance b/c they're thin, while still being comfortable.

IMG_0033.JPG

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@NoTan4Me wrote:

4" max heel height, long dress (haven't finalized what I'm wearing yet), black tie wedding in Brooklyn, NY

I think it's really hard to recommend a heel for a dress that isn't chosen yet. Styles are so different. But you should be able to find something that's comfortable that looks great with the dress. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

If you are driving to the wedding, bring extra shoes to change in to in case your original shoes start bothering you. Like a ballet flat or something comfortable to wear. When you are dancing and the party is in full swing, nobody is looking at your feet!

Honored Contributor

Image result for LifeStride Women's See This Dress Pump

Lifestride See This Dress Pump.

Very comfortable.