Honored Contributor

Re: Comfortable AND chic shoes for a wedding

[ Edited ]

These are Alegria shoes from Alegriashoeshop.com.  They are extremely comfortable... made for dancing. I have You'll enjoy them long after the music stops.

LAN-871-1.jpg

MAY-435-1.jpg

LAR-780-1.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

All of my wedding shoes are either Stuart Weitzman or Donald J. Pliner.  I know both brands are pricey, but filled the bill for me for dressy affairs. They also have sales.  I agree with previous posters.  You should try shoes on.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

J. Renee and Nina make comfortable glitzy shoes in a variety of heel heights.  Many websites sell them. There are often great deals at 6PM.  I find they run true to size.

Are you looking for comfort (brand) shoes or a shoe that is comfortable?

Esteemed Contributor

There may be some styles from Munro American that would work. Anything made by Munro will be comfortable. They’re pricey but totally worth it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NoTan4Me: 6pm dot com usually has sales on holidays, so check there on Monday. I bought my Mother of the Groom shoes there: David Tate Petal. I got the silver- they also come in black. I paid $30.00 for a pretty and comfortable shoe in a wide width. Score! They are $40.00 now, still quite reasonable. Very dressy, very comfortable. 

I may go back for the black.

Also check out J.Renee and Caparros on this site, among many other dress shoe brands. Many under $50.00.

Respected Contributor

Rockport Total Motion. It feels like you are wearing a sneaker with a heel. Donald Pliner are also comfortable.

Frequent Contributor

4" max heel height, long dress (haven't finalized what I'm wearing yet), black tie wedding in Brooklyn, NY

Frequent Contributor

The comfort brands usually aren't terribly chic, so I'd have to say I'm going for comfortable shoes Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for all of the suggestions! I'm especially loving the choices at J Renee!

Esteemed Contributor

I have two pairs of J Renee with the low block heel that are metallic and I find them extremely comfortable.  You did say you wanted chic.  SOme people's idea of chic amazes me.  I am 69 and wouldn't be caught dead in some of the shoes pictured here.  TAlk about orthopedic looking!