Frequent Contributor

Comfortable AND chic shoes for a wedding

I will be a guest at a wedding in 3 weeks and want comfortable AND chic shoes for dancing the night away, and then be able to walk back to my car without hobbling. I'd like black or metallic neutral. Sandal, closed toe, I don't care, I just want to be comfortable without sacrificing style. Cost (almost) doesn't matter if I can find shoes to fit the bill. Any brand or specific style suggestions? I have a very average foot, size 8 or 8 1/2 medium. 

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Comfortable AND chic shoes for a wedding

@NoTan4Me wrote:

I will be a guest at a wedding in 3 weeks and want comfortable AND chic shoes for dancing the night away, and then be able to walk back to my car without hobbling. I'd like black or metallic neutral. Sandal, closed toe, I don't care, I just want to be comfortable without sacrificing style. Cost (almost) doesn't matter if I can find shoes to fit the bill. Any brand or specific style suggestions? I have a very average foot, size 8 or 8 1/2 medium. 

Thank you!

they are out there 

but I think you just need to go and look and try on

it's big sale weekend with coupons all over 

Honored Contributor

Check out Gentle Souls shoes, very comfortable, I have a beautiful pair of black suede "mary janes" I was able to wear them for NY Eve and a wedding where i danced a lot

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Frequent Contributor

The Gentle Soul shoes all look very nice, but not quite the Saturday night black tie styling I'm looking for. Thanks so much for your suggestion!!!

Occasional Contributor

Take a look at A355382. I just wore them for a wedding and they were dressy and comfy!

I have the blue and black. 

I did have to size up 1/2 size, fyi. 

Trusted Contributor

Clarks.

Contributor

NoTan4Me,

I have had really good luck with Naturalizer Danya and Pressley. Sorry, I don't know how to post an image here. You should be able to google the name. The Naturalizer website is haveing a 30% off sale.

Valued Contributor

I needed a dressy and comfortable shoe for my daughter's wedding. I found what I was looking for on Amazon.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a pair of metallic black wedges and they are amazingly comfortable and they look really good with anything from jeans to a dressy dress. I get all kinds of compliments on them. I bought them from a boutique they are Sacha London brand. Round toe with an ankle strap. I found them online by typing in Sacha London Wedges. They are expensive but worth every penny. I wear a size 9 narrow and they make your feel look small and your legs look good also. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Do you have a limit on heel height?  ALso what is your dress like?  IS it a evening, dressy reception?  NEed more info before making recommendations.