Frequent Contributor

Is there anyone who might have a recipe using the yellow tomatos .

Honored Contributor

Aren't they very sweet?  I would just eat them out-of-hand, like candy. I'm jealous! Smiley Happy

sungold.jpg 

Honored Contributor

We also have a Sungold plant - I call it the wild child 🤣 - it grows like crazy!  We use these primarily for snacking and for salads

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@cinderford We have these in our garden along with other cherry tomatoes.  There are so many of them it's hard to only use them in salads!   Most often I cut them in half, drizzled with olive oil, salt & pepper,   and then roast.  They'll get even sweeter!   We toss them in pasta, scrambled eggs,   Or top bruschetta with them.

Esteemed Contributor

@cinderford  I grew Sungold for the past few years, but now I plant a different yellow cherry tomato. The Sungold have the best flavor, but they tend to split more than other cherries. I use them like any tomato. I dice them and make a pasta sauce with fresh basil.  Sometimes I add zucchini or chicken. Or, I dice them and make a sauce with olives and garlic for fish.  I also cook them with my eggs in the morning. Of course, they are great for snacking and in salads. 

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl   Good luck tonight in the FIELD OF DREAMS game!

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Honored Contributor

I would make yellow tomato jam out of them.