Honored Contributor

A POUND OF GROUND BEEF - AND NO TIME

This happened to me the other night.  I had a nice package of ground beef on sale, and I would have liked to have eaten an hour ago.   Burgers seemed to be the fastest option, but wonder what the cooks here rely on.

So .......   what would you do if time was of the essence? 

Put some seasonings in the beef and make some burgers .... or do you have another quick meal you fall back on?  

Respected Contributor

Re: A POUND OF GROUND BEEF - AND NO TIME

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 

Tacos.  I always have taco seasoning on hand as well as cabbage to slice and also add shredded cheese.

Maggie & Mary's have a soup we like that can be embellished, there are several recipes online.  It's Hungarian Mushroom Soup, we add browned ground hamburger and continue cooking the soup for about 1/2 hour.  Sour cream added at the end, it's delicious.  Even eating it in the summer which is kind of crazy but i crave soups.

Trusted Contributor

Tacos are the go to in our house.  I always have tortillas, shredded cheese, and salsa on hand.

Valued Contributor

I always have bags of California vegetablels in the freezer. I make rice, cook the burger, add the veggies (Be sure to drain the oil well) add whatever spices I choose and put the burger over the rice. Simple and kind of quick.

Honored Contributor

Chili macaroni baked with cheese on top.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Stacked enchiladas are a quick, easy favorite of ours. Brown the hamburger using a package of the powdered taco seasoning for flavor. Use corn tortillas. Place one tortilla flat on the plate, sprinkle the meat to thinly cover the tortilla. Add some of your favorite enchilada sauce (red or green or queso.) Cover with Mexican blend shredded cheese then repeat with the same steps. I can eat two, but my husband wants three or four. Pop in the microwave for a minute to melt the cheese. Serve with picante sauce, sour cream, and corn tortilla chips. 

Respected Contributor

Goulash.....

Respected Contributor

@On It wrote:

Stacked enchiladas are a quick, easy favorite of ours. Brown the hamburger using a package of the powdered taco seasoning for flavor. Use corn tortillas. Place one tortilla flat on the plate, sprinkle the meat to thinly cover the tortilla. Add some of your favorite enchilada sauce (red or green or queso.) Cover with Mexican blend shredded cheese then repeat with the same steps. I can eat two, but my husband wants three or four. Pop in the microwave for a minute to melt the cheese. Serve with picante sauce, sour cream, and corn tortilla chips. 

@On It 

Yum I'm going to try this!  My 25 yr old son will inhale these, nice change from tacos.   

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 Is it rude for me to drool all over my keyboard? LOL

My dear DIL is Hispanic by ethnicity and a wonderful cook of everything but I'm going to copy this and send it to her. My DS would devour this!

Honored Contributor

I would have fried it and made a taco salad.  

I try to keep a lb of taco meat in the freezer for quick meals.