Honored Contributor

Trader Joe's is offering some Dill Pickle items

I bought this seasoning blend which we used to top off the Dill Pickle Pasta - YUM!!!

Seasoning In A Pickle Seasoning Blend

D3AF9A19-62BE-419E-997B-66D186862B97.jpeg

Made from a mix of alluringly aromatic spices, including garlic and dried dill, plus bright & zippy powdered vinegar, this stupendous Seasoning lends its tangy, salty, and delightfully dilly pickle profile anywhere it’s used.

Sprinkle it generously onto roasted veggies or baked potatoes straight out of the oven, shake it over freshly scrambled eggs or Ground Beef Patties just before cooking, or make a dill-licious dip by mixing a few heaping tablespoons into a tub of sour cream or Greek yogurt. For something truly special, try mixing some with flour to dredge our Organic Free Range Chicken to make pickle-fried chicken

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: More Dill Pickle Items!

[ Edited ]

I zoomed thru TJ's on Friday to grab a few items we needed for the weekend. The August Fearless Flyer is out which I tossed in my bag. Flipped thru it today -- this is one of the featured items! 

I've added it to my next shopping list. 

Dill-icious Chopped Salad Kit

911B842F-90DB-47EA-89CE-F8306ED524DB.jpeg

You might have noticed the prodigious influence of pickle in our stores over the last few summers. From popcorn, to mustard, to falafel, our buyers have asked, “Can we pickle that?” and you, dear customers, have responded with a resounding “Yes, you can!” And so, in the spirit satisfying our customers’ perpetual predilection for pickle, we’re pushing the parameters of pickle season even further with the newest addition to our rotating lineup of chopped salads: Trader Joe’s Dill-icious Chopped Salad Kit!

This Kit has everything you need to create a Dill-icious dinner salad or positively pickle-y side dish, posthaste. It starts with an impossibly crisp parade of chopped cauliflower, radishes, red & green cabbage, green leaf lettuce, and kale, buoyed by the dill-ightfully tangy crunch of our very own Chips In A Pickle Dill Flavored Potato Chips [sku 70915].

Tossed with the included dill pickle flavored seasoning and a creamy, dill cucumber ranch dressing, it’s the indisputable pinnacle of pickle-pointed provisions. It makes a particularly tasty dinner partner to Buttermilk Brined Chicken, and an excellent lunch option alongside a slice of Pizza Parlanno or a few Mac & Cheese Bites.

You’ll find Dill-icious Chopped Salad Kits with our refrigerated produce, but only for a limited time.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl Thanks for mentioning this as I totally missed it on the TJ's ad.  The potato salad you mentioned earlier is on my wish list as there's a couple things I have to buy to put it all together.  & at the farmer's market yesterday they were talking about dilly beans so that's something I have to try also. 

Honored Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@Chi-town girl Thanks for mentioning this as I totally missed it on the TJ's ad.  The potato salad you mentioned earlier is on my wish list as there's a couple things I have to buy to put it all together.  & at the farmer's market yesterday they were talking about dilly beans so that's something I have to try also. 

@colleena - you're welcome! I spotted the new Dill Seasoning bc it was front and center on an end cap, but I missed the cropped salad, so I'm going back this week. Since it's 'limited' it's probably a seasonal item that will not be in stock for long.

Dilly Beans... I'm interested! I will look for those next time we shop Farmers Market - TY

Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl    I wonder how that dill pickle seasoning you purchased would be on fresh popped popcorn.  A couple years ago I think Sam's had bagged dill pickle flavored popcorn.  It was pretty good but haven't seen it since. 

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl  What have you used the seasoning on?  It sounds interesting, just not sure how much I would use it.  I do use the ranch seasoning on steamed broccoli often.  I suppose I could use this one as well on steamed veggies.  And would it be good as seasoning on a piece of salmon or other fish?  Not like I don't have a bunch of other seasonings for that!

I've seen the dill mustard but haven't noticed other dill products at TJ's.

Valued Contributor

@Chi-town girl , we're going to TJ's tomorrow so I'm going to look for the pickle seasoning. Sounds like a seasoning we would use often.  Thanks for the heads up.

Honored Contributor

@Elodie2 wrote:

@Chi-town girl , we're going to TJ's tomorrow so I'm going to look for the pickle seasoning. Sounds like a seasoning we would use often.  Thanks for the heads up.

@Elodie2 @CoffeeNut @sueinsf - I think this seasoning is quite versatile, including using it as a dip. It's priced very reasonably at 2.99.

I had to also buy the basic dill weed seasoning to use in the pasta dish bc I wanted to make the recipe in the manner it was written. The smaller container of dill weed seasoning was priced over $4! 

The dill pasta salad is soooooo delicious! I'm going to make it again for Labor Day weekend - a double batch so there can be some leftovers 

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl I rarely make pasta salad but I do eat hot pasta periodicaly.  Is this recipe for both hot and cold pasta?  And where did you find the recipe?

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

@Chi-town girl I rarely make pasta salad but I do eat hot pasta periodicaly.  Is this recipe for both hot and cold pasta?  And where did you find the recipe?

This particular recipe is a cold salad - dressing is mayo/sour cream based. It's been trending on social media due to popularity and customer raves