Honored Contributor
Does anyone have any additional ways to use turmeric
Trusted Contributor

If you want to use egg whites or tofu to make scrambled eggs, or omelets-the Turmeric will make it look like regular, whole eggs.

Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

Turmeric also helps regulate blood sugar, and as tigriss said, it's good for inflammation. The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin. Google this. Tons of supplements available on Amazon and elsewhere. It's good to cook with turmeric, but unless you enjoy eating Indian- flavored food every day, the supplements are a lot simpler.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I also take Zyflamend and so do my parents. I take 2000-3000 mg of turmeric with the Zyflamend as well. This really helps my fibro, plus what I put in my smoothies.

Respected Contributor
Sorry to hear about your situation.... How about just to get Andrew Lessman's Tumeric supplements. It is clean, USA made. I am buying it and I feed my DH and Myself with it. Hopefully it will work. Both of us has Altzheimer's in families. I am feeding him a baby aspirin a day since he turned 45, he is 59 now. We also take fish oil, coQ10, lots of D3 ,magnesium. Nobody knows if possible to beat the genetics but we are trying. Best wishes to you.
Regular Contributor
Hi little miss sunshine! I have a delicious recipe from one of my Barefoot Contessa cookbooks for a soup called Cheddar Corn Chowder. It has lots of corn, onions, potatoes, chicken broth, white cheddar, etc. I make it healthier with some of the ingredients, but it is something we make from autumn through winter. It also has turmeric in it and because my husband and I like the taste of this spice, we actually add more than the recipe calls for. If you would like the recipe or would like to know which cookbook of hers it's in, let me know!
Honored Contributor
On 3/28/2015 iluvacop said: Hi little miss sunshine! I have a delicious recipe from one of my Barefoot Contessa cookbooks for a soup called Cheddar Corn Chowder. It has lots of corn, onions, potatoes, chicken broth, white cheddar, etc. I make it healthier with some of the ingredients, but it is something we make from autumn through winter. It also has turmeric in it and because my husband and I like the taste of this spice, we actually add more than the recipe calls for. If you would like the recipe or would like to know which cookbook of hers it's in, let me know!

That sounds delicious!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor
On 3/26/2015 loveour4leggedfriends said:

I just add it to about everything. I add it toll my roast vegetables, soups, meatloaf, and it is delicious.

I agree with you........I add it to most things that I cook..........it's a good addition to the flavor and has redeeming health benefits........
Contributor

Using turmeric in food is not an adequate amt to be therapeutic. Look under the word curcumin as well. Dr Perlmutter's books, DrAxe.com, mercola.com, naturalnews.com etc. I am not a believer in the usage of aspirin. Start reading. There is a ton of info on-line and bks to buy. Do your own research. Listening to an MD about nutrition for the most part is going back to the Dark Ages and worse. Also consider your vaccinations! I also am starting to add turmeric/curcumin. Oh- and see greenmedinfo.com as well. Going to put it on cauliflower and into eggs and starting tonight! Just read 6 new articles about it tonight. There are many more supplements needed than just adding turmeric into food- which wold have minimal effect. Best of luck in your research.