Super Contributor

My DH who was recently diagnosed with dimentia was told by his neurologist that if more people took a low dose aspirin and ate Tumeric every day he would see only half his patients! So,I figure, use more Tumeric in my cooking. But other than Indian food, does any one have recipes which use Tumeric? I know it sounds like a silly claim but what's to hurt?

Honored Contributor

Indian Spiced Yogurt Dressing

First place winner at the Wisconsin State Fair, 2011

Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl and store, covered, in the refrigerator until serving time. Serve over mixed greens, or any salad featuring mandarin or sliced oranges

Honored Contributor

LMS, I haven't tried this yet. I ran into it Spice shopping on The Spice House web site. I am going to try it, I eat a lot of salads.

Respected Contributor

I just add it to about everything. I add it toll my roast vegetables, soups, meatloaf, and it is delicious.

Respected Contributor

It also comes in supplement form.

Trusted Contributor

I use lots of Turmeric. I buy the ground Turmeric from Penzey's or grind the fresh root myself. I put it everything-soup, egg dishes, casseroles, smoothies, baking. It will stain!!! They use it to dye fabrics. Experiment with it, other than the staining-I don't really notice it and I use a lot. Good luck with your husband. I hope it helps-as you said, it won't hurt!

Respected Contributor
I take a daily supplement of it and add a teaspoon to my smoothies. I have fibromyalgia, and it is good for inflammation.
Trusted Contributor

I'm a big believer in turmeric. I take a daily supplement of it and use it in my cooking.

Perhaps the most unusual (but one of my favorite) ways I use it is to add 1/4 teaspoon to a color conditioning mask for my hair which I do about once a month. It adds nice golden highlights to the gray in my hair. I call it my DIY hair frosting.

Honored Contributor
I add. Tsp to rice prior to cooking and I also add it to vegetables to season before roasting.
Respected Contributor

I used turmeric to make rice. I brown onions, butter and add the turmeric and then make your rice with chicken stock instead of water.