Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... cookie, I never heard the ending of the story of the little guy that was calling for mommy and daddy ... I'm glad that he is with family ... that's a sad, sad story that he is going to grow up with!!

kittyfan, does the TS do Christmas in July (like the Q does?)

Hi walker ... 👋

We'll have another sunny 81 degree day ... we sure are getting our grilling in ... we are not due for any rain until Tuesday ...

Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

E ~ Eclair ... yum!!

F ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸🙏

Happy Thursday!  Ahhhhh.....good coffee to start the day...my morning fuel! 😁 And, friends here with me are "Premium" Fuel. 😉

My niece is in town for quick visit staying at DD's.  We are going over this morning and stay for lunch.  Then she has to leave.  I have to bake a batch of cookies first so better get myself moving here.

I'll check in again later.....have a good day everyone.

F ..... Flour

NEXT .... G 

Respected Contributor
Good afternoon.

Incredibly sad story about the little boy. I heard a report that go fund has raised almost 2 million. Hope his family is able to get some benefit. It won't replace mom and dad.

Yesterday at TS was tiring. We seemed to have lots of folks/conversations going on. Our work area is tight. One vunteer brought three grands. Okay one had a spot. The other two simply got in the way. Actually two have come before. One time they got bored. Grand popped up to take them home. I had a project idea for them to do. Yesterday they just seemed to take up space. I had mentioned a task for the girls but that was squashed. I know the personalities but sometimes!!! Last time we worked I had started the laundry. Well I was asked by one of the leaders if I had done HER laundry. Hello just store stuff. I knew it needed to be done so I did it.

Cookie: yes HOPE FLOATS. I know lots of locals involved. The house is not on my path but I have been by it and know where it is. I am sure I worked when that movie was made. Amazon was doing filming pre covjd. Deb was sn extra. Very interesting to hear her talk about experience. One time movie used our parking lot for canteen. Well they booked the extra. We had to drive out through the field.

I had done seasonal for years. Last year two ladies came and took it over. One is friendly. The other not. I am not certain they knew I was involved. I would buy a lot of our supplies myself. Last year I advocated for Christmas in July. Fell on dead ears. This year different. Display is not a wow. They do lovely work snd I am sure they is lots if beautiful items. Since I am no longer a part of this area I don't even go into their area. I have seen so many come and go. I have been involved from tge ground floor.

G: ground beef

H: next

Valued Contributor

Hi kittyfan ~

Too hot for troubles at the TS.  Why would a volunteer bring her G'kids to a busy workplace?  Should you charge for child care??.😄🤔  Good luck with the seasonal decorating.  They should know by now that you are the Queen Bee!!! 

Q Queen Bee with a crown.jpg

How fun to be a part of making a movie experience - also sounds tiring.  I liked the movie and remember liking the house too.  

Tootie and walker -hope are staying cool !! 🥂🥃🧊🧊

H - Hamburgers on the grill, made with kittyfan's G.

I next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Hi there.....surprised too, kittyfan, about people bringing in children on a workday to TS.  cookie is right...they should know you are Queen 🐝.  You probably have the most experience....SO...listen up!!!  I would be so frustrated working with some of those people.  You must turn around and just 🙄 roll your eyes. 

Warm and humid here today....no walk but busy anyway.  Went to DD's ....good to see niece and her daughter.  Kids had fun swimming while we caught up.  Then DD ordered lunch which was very good.  These young people amaze me how they go...click, click....done....lunch will be here soon!  HA!  

👋👋 Tootie.

See you all tomorrow.....REST WELL!!  😴😴😴

I ..... Iced Tea with Lemon

NEXT ..... J 

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

No news here.  Another triple digit day on the radar.  The sun has been shining with a Vengeance  and I am ready for Winter!

Q Angry Sun.jpg

walker, sounds like you had a nice time at your DD's and seeing your niece and daughter.  Good family and good food!  

Tootie, Summer grilling is getting closer and closer.  Good weather finally! 🌻

kittyfan, stay cool and get in a UB or two 🌼👋

Passing the coffee ~

J - jaw breakers    remember them?

K next

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... cookie, that sun sure is mean looking ... hopefully, you'll get some cooler temps soon ... any in the forecast??

kittyfan, I guess the volunteers don't realize that you know the TS inside out and are the Queen Bee ... and bringing kids with them and running around?? all I could picture is when someone brings kids to a restaurant and lets them run around, getting in the way ... annoying!!

walker, so glad you had a good visit with your niece and her daughter ... you're right about the amazement of the click, click, done on the phones ... what can't they do?? haha!!

We'll have another warm 82 degree day ... Have a good day ... pouring and passing ... I do remember those jaw breakers ... as a kid I liked them, thought it was so cool to have your cheeks popped out from them ... now?? I'd probably break every tooth and crown I own ...

See you later ...

K ~ Klondike Bar ... think cold!!

L ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸🙏

😂😂😂😂....laughing at your description of eating a jaw breaker, Tootie!  Exactly!   I remember them as well, cookie.

Hope that mean ol' HOT sun moves on from TX, cookie and kittyfan.  Don't send it north!  The older I get the less I can handle heat and humidity.  

No news here so guess I will keep it short today.  Happy Friday everyone!

L .... Land O Lakes Butter

NEXT ... M 

Respected Contributor
Good afternoon from sizzling Texas!!!

The grand kids were 11, 13 and 15. The 11 yr old had a task which occupied him. The girls were another story. Today it was only the oldest. She did better but she did get bored. One lady brings her 9 year old son from time to r
Time. But she monitors him and you hardly know he is around.

I brought lunch today to share. Another lady brought part. I got everything set out and went to relieve someone for lunch. She was gone almost an hour! Hello I was really last to eat. I didn't go to Cafe. Went to bank with deposit. Went inside as I needed to.replrnish my stock of ones. We need to leave start up for nrxt day and brct group. I am the only one who maintains a stock of extra cash on hand. My choice.

I was so happy to see rhe bottom of the baby clothes tub. I no more than thought this when the clothing lady said I had more. The tub was full again! I did have help hanging and putting them out. That does help a lot. I got about half way through. Hope to finish tomorrow.

I plan to go to Cafe tomorrow. Finally posted their specials. Migas. A favorite of mine. Today I was tired and by the time I finished at bank it was almost their closing time.

While I was waiting on my transaction at the bank the weather was on the monitor. 103; 105 and 107. That's not even the feel like. Cookie and I will be hibernating as soon as TS is done.

We had cheese and summer sausage today.

M; mustard

N: next
Valued Contributor

Oh yes kittyfan, the wonderful temps we are having!  I will join you in hibernation but it must be in a deep freeze🥵 Our temp is at 103 right now which is not condusive to using my brain.  Had some paperwork for my ex and some catch up for me and Amazon, so it's UB time.

Hope things go well at the TS tomorrow and the AC works well.    

🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊 Stay cool ladies 🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊

N - Natal Plums

O - Next