Regular Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

GOOD MORNING FRIENDS!  🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!  Hope everyone enjoys the day.  And, we all hope Tootie feels better to enjoy her day.  

Sure hope we hear from Tootie soon.  What a shame to not feel well for Thanksgiving.  But, just important to feel good again.  

cookie, had to laugh at you "tasting too many times"....I am same way.  Glad you could switch gears quickly for GS to come over.  Tomorrow we all rest!

My food is all prepped too so hope it all tastes good.  I know the fruit and coffee cake will be good...ha!  🤞on egg dishes, etc.  I even made chocolate-chip pancakes for kids...have never done that before early....but going to reheat....🤞...kids just pour a lot of syrup on anyway....ha.

kittyfan, whatever you do....enjoy...maybe a restful ...reading day?  Or going out?  Think you said the Cafe was closed.

Time to get day started here.  Will write more later.

W ..... Waiting to hear from Tootie! 

NEXT ..... X

Respected Contributor
Good afternoon.

Walker know your whirlwind guests have likely headed home. Cookie: love stuffing. When I was young spent the night with twins. Mom fixed Turkey and dressing. But dressing had raisins. I was not a fan.

I spent a quiet day. Dogs and I have just been lazy. A bit overcast. A front blew in with rain overnight.

Tootie: I hope you aren't ill.

I didn't have any affects other than a sore arm. But we are all different.

X: xtra best wishes. Especially to Tootie.

Y: next
Regular Contributor

Hi there......just got back from Thanksgiving dinner...between that delicious meal and my brunch earlier, I feel like a stuffed Turkey...🦃🦃🦃🦃!  You know how you feel when you overeat...ugh!  When will I learn I cannot eat so much?  Older and wiser?  Not me!  

Sure thinking about Tootie.  Hope we hear from her tomorrow but am sure she will be ok.  My DIL told me about someone she knows that was sick for a week after their shot.  😧

DS and family have retuned to FL....just arrived back a little while ago.  I do miss my DS the most. So nice they could come.

Well, I will be in bed early tonight.  Looks like kittyfan has coffee pot ready to go so I will say good night.  See you tomorrow.

Y ..... Yogurt

NEXT .... Z

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

Still thinking about Tootie.  Hope we hear something today.  I wonder if it was due to the booster shot?  My GD said she felt a little sick for a couple of days although the shot itself did not hurt. In any event, Tootie, hope everything is okay and you are well.  

We had pretty Spring like breezy day and a delicious dinner. GD brought along her dad which was a pleasant surprise!  We all enjoyed each other and the food.  Nice afternoon.  I ate way too much - especially the sweet potatoes - my favorite.  GS, GD and dad left to go to GD's family dinner - two dinners????  Really stuffed!

I did go to bed early and paid for it by waking up at 10:30 and trying to go back to sleep until 2 or so then finally got another hour.  Sure makes me crabby 🦀 though.  Nail appointment this morning and back home for a big UB.  

kittyfan,glad you enjoyed your day.  I sure know the lazy day feeling.  I don't think I would want raisins in my stuffing either.  Or, when you say dressing, do you mean cornbread type?  We have the regular stuff with water chestnuts, chopped pecan, sonions and celery. Sometimes cranberries as well as   Love it.  I wanted to put diced peppers in it, but thought better of it.  I will enjoy some with the lefftovers😋  

Missing you Tootie ~

Q thinking of you Tootie tksgv 2021.jpg

Passing the coffee ~

Z - Zapping out no sleep  or Zebra Melons 

A is next

Thanks for prepping the coffee kittyfan 💜

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸☕️

Cute picture for Tootie, cookie.  Yes, WE MISS YOU TOOTIE!  Come back soon!

Today is my go nowhere...do nothing....eat leftovers day!

I do have laundry to do but that is it.  

Dressing or Stuffing....same thing...different name?  We do regular one too....bread, celery, onions, etc....raisins..no!

Your dinner sounded yummy too, cookie.  So much good food and excitement, you could not sleep well, eh? 

Sleepless nights rank high on list of annoying things....along with calling customer service and trying to speak with someone on other side of world who you cannot understand!!!! 

Kids were anxious for us to put up our Christmas tree while they were here.  I have never put a tree up at or before Thanksgiving.  But, we did so we could take family pictures in front of it.  So, we got the pictures and that job is done.  

All for now..... Happy Friday....waiting for Tootie...

A ..... Almonds

NEXT ..... B 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello my friends ... I've been in bed since Tuesday night ... bad headache, not being able to eat or drink, chills, extremely tired and just feeling blah (pretty sure it was a result of the booster) ... I'm finally feeling a little better, just weak and was able to eat some toast and I wanted a cup of coffee ... so far so good. Thank you for all of your thoughts, concern and good wishes ... you ladies are the best!! ❤ and thanks for the picture cookie.

Glad to hear that everyone had a good Thanksgiving ... ours was still going to go on without me (I insisted) ... DH/DD went over the DS's mid morning ... long story, DS ended up in the ER with a kidney stone, he got a pain pill from them and felt pretty good (and since pharmacies were closed due to it being Thanksgiving he didn't have any more pills) he got much worse and had to go back to the ER ... they gave him a treatment to "move the stone along" and found a pharmacy that was opened 24 hours so DIL was able to go and get his meds ... DH/DD stayed with the kids ... it was a long day, DS/DIL didn't get home until 1am. Needless to say they had no Thanksgiving so our plans are to celebrate tomorrow ... I should feel good enough to go ... 🤞

See you later ... I've missed you ladies too! it's good to be back!!

B ~ Boo to the Booster .. or Bananas

C ~ NEXT

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

WELCOME BACK, TOOTIE!!!!  GOOD TO FINALLY HEAR FROM YOU.

As you know, we were concerned and missing you.  I was afraid it was a bad reaction to the booster shot.  I have heard of more cases like that with Moderna.  So glad you are starting to feel better.  You and your DS are two people who did not gain weight on Thanksgiving.  Very sorry to hear about your DS having a problem with the kidney stone.  Hope he feels better soon too. Good thing your DH and DD were able to help by watching the kids.  Wishing you all a HAPPY celebration when everyone is feeling good again.

No news from me....just tired from the last week....trying to catch up on laundry, towels, bed linens, etc.  No hurry...no one checking in soon.  Also, getting a few more Christmas decorations out since kids got me started.

Well.....again.....HAPPY YOU ARE BACK, TOOTIE!  Feel better everyday!!!  Your DS too!

C ...... Chocolate Milk

NEXT .... D 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tootie ~

Q Welcome back you were missed 11-21 Tootie.jpg

So glad you are back and starting to feel bettter.  I have never heard of anyone feeling as bad as you apparently did.  Hope it is completely gone by now.  

Sorry to hear of your DS and the kidney stone.  Very painful.  Hope he is recovering quickly.  You really do have reasons to be thankful Thanksgiving !  Enjoy it and gobble til you wobble😊

DD surprised me this afternoon with a new little kitty.  She is a Tortie and about 6- 7 months old.  Name is Molly.  One of DD's clients rescued her and her 6 brothers and sisters - had them fixed, shots and examined by the Vet.  She found homes for all but Molly, so I was lucky.  She is a sweetie and right now is under the bed. (Molly, not the lady!) 😄  She will get used to her new home if we leave her be.  Her carrier is open and left out for her comfort.  I could have said no, but no will power especially when it is unwanted or unable to be rehomed.  The lady couldn't keep her - she dogs and cats and probably will continue to rescue ferals.  God Bless her for this💗 

D - Darn happy ladies here now that Tootie's back  or Dates

E is next

Respected Contributor
Yes indeed so happy to see Tootie back. Sorry yo hear you were under the weather. Oh no your son also. Fortunately family to help out. Hope he is on road to recovery also.

Molly sounds adorable. I couldn't see you say NO!! You and your DD have such kind hearts. Well yout SIL also. Know how much he loves his horses and the dogs.

Walker. The family pics by the tree will be extra special after last year.

The river walk in SA lights up for Christmas. They have a river parade and light up the Friday after Thanksgiving. We went a few years. Such a beautiful sight.

I went out to get the mail. Was closing the gate when I heard yap yap. The smallest musketeers was lead. Cindy was in the yard away from fence. The largest is a wooly bear. Always wagging the tail. Knkw they have a little girl. So I don't encourage them.

Dimming lights. Coffee ready for Cookie.

E: extra hugs and best wishes fir heing to tootie and family. Or. Eggs Benedict

F: next

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

It sure is, Tootie's back!!! 🤍 So nice to be whole again.  What would SCC be without Tootie???😥  Hope you're even better today Tootie.

I have kitty problems this morning.  Molly finally peered out from under the bed and was willing to walk to me and to the water bowl.  Shadow perked up and decide to growl.  Not good.  They will have to respect each other all by themselves which is the better way to introduce them.  Poor little Molly, she is a real cutie💗💓.  Shadow is probably jealous as she gets so much attention.  DD just wants to spend the day loving on Molly as I would as well, but know I need to let them do their own thing.  Oh well, the saga continues............

I have never been to River Walk kittyfan.  I have seen pictures and heard from friends that it is beautiful.  Also the Trail of Lights in Austin looks very pretty.  I think most cities have some sort of beautiful displays.

Hope you are all caught up on the extra laundry walker.  After all the work, and you are done, istn't nice to relax with all the great memories!!!

Hope DS is better.

Time to feed the kitties - we'll see how that goes.  

Passing the coffee so nicely prepped by our Queen Bee - thank you!

F - Friends are all together again 😊😊😀😀  or French Fries

G is next