Respected Contributor

@ECBGThanks! I have eggs to se up and I love Spinach and cheese.  Perfect!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

My DD and I planned it out yesterday...

She also is making green bean casserole! She's never done one before that I know of. She'll also do a cranberry relish, cheese straws for hors d'oeuvres,

and bring a dessert.

I want to do ECGB's corn souffle, (Thank you, ECGB!) my famous mashed potatoes, and something else, but not sure what. Another kind of dessert and an hors d'oeuvre.

We'll both do turkeys! I'm going to get the smallest I can find so DH and I can have left overs, and they can have their leftovers. So, that means we'll probably make our own dressing/stuffing, too. (I think.)

What is dreaded for me is shopping for Thanksgiving - no matter the day or night, Wegman's will be crammed/jammed packed!!

Happy planning & cooking/baking everyone!

I

I do it in stages, leaving the vegetables till the end that way I don't feel rushed, the canned stuff I got 2 weeks ago.   I have a spreadsheet to keep me organized 

@jackthebear, You said you wanted something else.  This is scrumptious and children (at least ours) eat it very well, teenagers want the entire thing!   Lower in calories!  NO crust!

Crustless Spinach Quiche

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1 Tbsp. Oil

1 lg. onion, chopped

1 pkg chopped, frozen spinach, all water squeezed out

I put in a colander and press with a spoon.

5 eggs

¾ lbs Muenster cheese, grated

Salt, pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Spray pie plate

Heat oil in skillet over med heat

Add onion cook only until clear

Add spinach, cook only until excess moisture is out

Let cool.

Beat eggs in bowl with fork or whisk.

Add cheese,  and salt, pepper to taste

Stir onion, spinach mixture in.

Pour into pie plate

Bake 40-45 minutes until lightly brown.

Serves 6 adults as a side vegetable.

thanks, I like a crustless quiche

Honored Contributor

@candys mine,The slices reheat in the microwave like a dream!  I don't get the cheese in the deli, I get it in the dary case.Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

We are cookinag a big meal as we like the leftovers.   My  youngest daughter and her family are coming.   I have two daughters who live in Florida, so will miss them. 

Honored Contributor

One year (at TG) I was in a wheel chair and not able to fuss. Mom was still w/us and loved to come to our house. I had TV dinners-DH and Mom loved them. Mom said that it was not the food but being thankful and enjoying the family. Every year as a memorial to Mom we have TV Dinners. That year I EVEN BOUGHT A PIE! Actually DH has a TV Dinner. I am a vegetarian. Whats my point? Sharing the day and being thanful.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Valued Contributor

One thing I love about Thanksgiving is the conversations...

My mother...what are you having?

Me...I'm cleaning my microwave for flavor.

My mother...'click'.