Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 The thing I've always noticed about Spatini is it's very salty.  When using it one must not add additional salt to the sauce (at least I don't).

It doesn't take a lot of Spatini to flavor things.  That big package we must buy now is enough to last more than a year....

I'd better look in refrigerator (that's where I keep it).  My daughters came in and totally reorganized everything in my house.  Good, but it does drive me crazy looking for my 'stuff'.

I think a good name for my organization would be "disorganization of organization" (but know where it is...ie my filing system).

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 That story about your husband and the noodle made me laugh out loud.  

I am not keen on directions either.

Honored Contributor

LOL  @Annabellethecat66 

Exactly!  Microwave w/o the lid....use the lid to drain only!

I can't wait to hear how your bread comes out.

I need to dust my bread maker off again!

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife It's too bad some of you guys aren't here with us.  My daughter is neat in that she makes things that I wouldn't want to mess with.  Some of you guys are like her too.

Anyway, I made the spaghetti sauce.  We had spaghetti, she made the olive oil mixture like they give you to dip bread in at restaurants.  We had hot rolls (the one's that have rosemary, etc).  We slit the tops, put butter in lthem and lightly sprinkle with sugar.   Always have green beans.  Green beans are like desert to us  She had wine (she loves wine).  She goes to a lot of winerys here and everywhere she visits.

I remember when she lived in Va she threw 2 showers for weddings at winerys.  It was a hit with everyone.

Another shower she threw was in a yurt.  All of the girls piled into the thing (they are round) in the winter and went skiing right from the yurt.  One big slumber party...adult style with lots of wine.  Ha!

Anyway, they're going apple picking tomorrow.  My back tells me to stay home.  She makes apple pie and apple sauce with the apples.  She said she'd make me some caramel apples with nuts on them.  My favorite.  

Good grief!  I'm always spoiled so when she leaves...I'm like, "When are you coming back?'  Ha!  She has to leave her dog with her boyfriend (the dog loves it there better than her house).

From that sauce I'll make the lasagna.