Honored Contributor

OK, OK you guys convinced me...I'll buy the pasta fasta

Honored Contributor

I bought it...It was $18 something.  I think it's coming Saturday.

My daughter ordered a bunch of stuff to make various breads with.

That bread maker is gonna get a work out.  Whoa!  I hope it works.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, your lasagna noodles/microwave story is a hoot! Thanks for sharing - I pictured the entire scenario as I read through it! As for spatini and fasta pasta, I've never heard of either one, but I will look up both of them! You're a jewel for sure!

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

This is the time of year I make my version of vegetable soup (I'm told it's kinda like stew).

I use filet mignon, but my 'secret' ingredient is Spatini.  I now have to order it from Amazon and a place called Old Country Store or something.

I bought spantini last year from Amazon, with no direction only for tomato sauce for a group using the whole bag. So I don't know how to use it for 1 person ,it's a lot of bags and just sits in my pantry. how do you use it in your soups?

Respected Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@Annabellethecat66  I remember Spatini!  I'm surprised you found it, as I looked for it a few years ago and couldn't find it anywhere.  Thanks for the tip.

Amazon

Respected Contributor

@Snoopp  I like getting mine at Vermont Country Store buy I googled it and Amazon (of course) sells it too.

OK, so here's the thing about Spatini...you will have to order a very large package of it.

Remember in the stores it came in a box of 3 small packages?  Well, no more.  One package is enough (even if you made it once a week) enough for probably maybe even 8 or more months.  

Probably just buy one package.  I buy several at a time because when I cook (which isn't often anymore) I put it in everything (i.e. meatloaf, spaghetti sauce for lasagna and spaghetti and other things with a red sauce).

I'm not a great cook, but I get by.  My girls and I like the spaghetti and lasagna I make.  I always made/make simple food.

My late husband would eat anything I put in front of him.

Quick story...(it's about food).  So when we first moved into this house (in the 70's) I'd seldom used a microwave.  Well this house has a built in microwave (thank goodness), so...(where was I)....so I decided to make spaghetti (and use the microwave for the noodles)....can you see where this is going?  

So, I made the sauce...ummm...it was smelling wonderful...my girls were very young so they mainly ate the noodles...

I put the uncooked noodles in the microwave in lots of water....waiting...waiting..(I think my husband actually was sitting at the table as if that would make those noodles cook faster.

OK, I heard the ding of the microwave...waitiing...waiting...I opened the microwave and pulled out....are you ready?

The biggest @#$% noodle you've ever seen in your life (hey!  I put the entire box of noodles in there)....

I was crying...I'd messed up the meal.  The babies started crying (mom is sad).  My sweet husband said, "Wait!  I'll eat it".

So I cut off some of the noodel from Hell and put it on his plate with some sauce over it....

The poor man had a hard time cutting off a piece of the noodle...hummm???? I wonder why?

He put a big piece of noodle in his mouth and suddenly he jumped up out of the chair and ran into the kitchen sink!

I'm like, "What's wrong?  Are you OK?"  He mumbled something....more like @#$% I'm saying to him.."What?  What's wrong".  

Then I see him reach into his mouth with his finger and pried out a huge ball of something!  

Wait!  What?  What was that?  He didn't say a word but ran in and brushed his teeth...

He came out of the bathroom laughing like crazy!

I said, "What was that?"  He said, "It was your freaking noodle from 'Hell'.  It was half cooked so it stuck to my teeth and when I tried to swallow it, it stuck in my mouth and down my throat.  You almost killed me by way of the biggest noodle in the world!  I almost choked to death".

I went over and gave him a hug, "I'm so sorry.  I'll never cook a noodle in the microwave again".

And I never did cook noodles in my microwave ever again!

Just saying. They have a long tray on QVC now for less than $20.00, that cooks all pasta in the microwave, and I love it. It's plastic, but 20 min and it's done. With arthritis, pots were getting too heavy for me.Anybody who knows what I'm talking about, get it, it is wonderful.

Respected Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

@Annabellethecat66  I remember Spatini!  I'm surprised you found it, as I looked for it a few years ago and couldn't find it anywhere.  Thanks for the tip.

Amazon

Your welcome. I'm as big an Amazon buyer as I am a QVC. They have everything.

Respected Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Snoopp  I like getting mine at Vermont Country Store buy I googled it and Amazon (of course) sells it too.

OK, so here's the thing about Spatini...you will have to order a very large package of it.

Remember in the stores it came in a box of 3 small packages?  Well, no more.  One package is enough (even if you made it once a week) enough for probably maybe even 8 or more months.  

Probably just buy one package.  I buy several at a time because when I cook (which isn't often anymore) I put it in everything (i.e. meatloaf, spaghetti sauce for lasagna and spaghetti and other things with a red sauce).

I'm not a great cook, but I get by.  My girls and I like the spaghetti and lasagna I make.  I always made/make simple food.

My late husband would eat anything I put in front of him.

Quick story...(it's about food).  So when we first moved into this house (in the 70's) I'd seldom used a microwave.  Well this house has a built in microwave (thank goodness), so...(where was I)....so I decided to make spaghetti (and use the microwave for the noodles)....can you see where this is going?  

So, I made the sauce...ummm...it was smelling wonderful...my girls were very young so they mainly ate the noodles...

I put the uncooked noodles in the microwave in lots of water....waiting...waiting..(I think my husband actually was sitting at the table as if that would make those noodles cook faster.

OK, I heard the ding of the microwave...waitiing...waiting...I opened the microwave and pulled out....are you ready?

The biggest @#$% noodle you've ever seen in your life (hey!  I put the entire box of noodles in there)....

I was crying...I'd messed up the meal.  The babies started crying (mom is sad).  My sweet husband said, "Wait!  I'll eat it".

So I cut off some of the noodel from Hell and put it on his plate with some sauce over it....

The poor man had a hard time cutting off a piece of the noodle...hummm???? I wonder why?

He put a big piece of noodle in his mouth and suddenly he jumped up out of the chair and ran into the kitchen sink!

I'm like, "What's wrong?  Are you OK?"  He mumbled something....more like @#$% I'm saying to him.."What?  What's wrong".  

Then I see him reach into his mouth with his finger and pried out a huge ball of something!  

Wait!  What?  What was that?  He didn't say a word but ran in and brushed his teeth...

He came out of the bathroom laughing like crazy!

I said, "What was that?"  He said, "It was your freaking noodle from 'Hell'.  It was half cooked so it stuck to my teeth and when I tried to swallow it, it stuck in my mouth and down my throat.  You almost killed me by way of the biggest noodle in the world!  I almost choked to death".

I went over and gave him a hug, "I'm so sorry.  I'll never cook a noodle in the microwave again".

And I never did cook noodles in my microwave ever again!

Just saying. They have a long tray on QVC now for less than $20.00, that cooks all pasta in the microwave, and I love it. It's plastic, but 20 min and it's done. With arthritis, pots were getting too heavy for me.Anybody who knows what I'm talking about, get it, it is wonderful.

Correction    12 minutes. SORRY

Honored Contributor

OK, OK you guys convinced me...I'll buy the pasta fasta

@Annabellethecat66 

Just wanted to mention....you do NOT put the lid on the Fasta Pasta container when cooking!  It is only used to drain the water out when done.

I'm sure you would read the directions...but just wanted to point that out.

I have several friends that didn't read....put the lid on while cooking and had a BIG boilover!  Not fun to clean....LOL

Also, Q was selling a CE version that had NO directions!!!  It was a mistake ppl were making.

Just a tip....you are going to love it!

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife  Nope, I'm not one to read the directions.  I NEVER read the directions.  That's my problem, I never read directions.  I'm a person who can't follow directions.

The closest I come is when I sew.  When you sew you need to follow when is the right time to sew this to that and on. When is the time to press the garment when sewing, etc.

I go crazy when my car tells me how to get somewhere.  I mean I flip out. My family knows how I am.

My middle daughter is similar somewhat.  My youngest daughter reads every direction and can easily follow directions.  My late husband was like that.  He was a systems analyst.  Perfect for him.  He employed over 200 people in one of his companies.  He used to  say if he was like me, the people who worked for him (analysts) would all go nutsy like me.  Ha!

Thanks for the info.  I'll probably do it with my daughter...OK, I need to be honest here....she'll do it.

We just ordered (and received) all of the stuff to make bread (remember that QVC Cuisinart bread maker?  Well, I bought it.  I'm preparing for something I can't say here because they'll say political.  Anyway, my friends are doing the same thing.

The bread maker was one of the preps I needed.  Ha!

So tonight my daughter has talked me into making spaghetti and/or lasagna with home made (fingers crossed) bread.  David made it look soooooo easy!  Ha!  Stay tuned!

OK, so don't put the lid on it?  Right?  Things have a way of going in one ear and out the other....